Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ok so other than resetting router to factory settings these are the two ways I can see to bypass it. Your wireless card or your Ethernet cable card both have hard coded, never able to change, MAC addresses. This is how the router identifies your device. However, there is a handy dandy was to basically make your computer think it has a different MAC address. Go to control panel, network and internet, network and sharing, change adapter settings. You should see different things like an Ethernet connection, or WiFi, or whatever it is. Right click the means in which your computer is connected to the internet and click properties, configure, advanced, scroll down to locally administered MAC address, select value and put in a valid MAC address. To find a valid one just google 'mac address generator'. Then click ok. It should save. You must restart your computer to make it take effect. If it takes really long to save cancel it, restart and do it again. You must have a valid non taken MAC address. To check your new MAC address at any time go to the search at the bottom left of your screen, type 'cmd' and open command prompt, type in command prompt 'ipconfig /all', press enter and look for your MAC address or rather the what your computer thinks the MAC address is. If the router is restarted you have to do it again. The other way I figured out is to basically overtake the router. When you go to a website while blocked and the Linksys smart WiFi parental control page pops up, and it prompts you for a password to log into the router, instead click on the option to log in a nother accoutn. You can select an option to make your own account. Make it. Then you can always log into that account and it will be a different account from your parents but it will still alter the local router settings. Then you can change the local router password and your parents wouldn't know the difference between their assess and their elbows. Hope this helps. This is what worked for me. IDK how old you are but I'm a ****ing junior in high school and its bull**** that they restrict me so I say **** you, no.

Texture Pack Invader NES_player4LIFE's Avatar
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MDog View Post
    Ok so other than resetting router to factory settings these are the two ways I can see to bypass it. Your wireless card or your Ethernet cable card both have hard coded, never able to change, MAC addresses. This is how the router identifies your device. However, there is a handy dandy was to basically make your computer think it has a different MAC address. Go to control panel, network and internet, network and sharing, change adapter settings. You should see different things like an Ethernet connection, or WiFi, or whatever it is. Right click the means in which your computer is connected to the internet and click properties, configure, advanced, scroll down to locally administered MAC address, select value and put in a valid MAC address. To find a valid one just google 'mac address generator'. Then click ok. It should save. You must restart your computer to make it take effect. If it takes really long to save cancel it, restart and do it again. You must have a valid non taken MAC address. To check your new MAC address at any time go to the search at the bottom left of your screen, type 'cmd' and open command prompt, type in command prompt 'ipconfig /all', press enter and look for your MAC address or rather the what your computer thinks the MAC address is. If the router is restarted you have to do it again. The other way I figured out is to basically overtake the router. When you go to a website while blocked and the Linksys smart WiFi parental control page pops up, and it prompts you for a password to log into the router, instead click on the option to log in a nother accoutn. You can select an option to make your own account. Make it. Then you can always log into that account and it will be a different account from your parents but it will still alter the local router settings. Then you can change the local router password and your parents wouldn't know the difference between their assess and their elbows. Hope this helps. This is what worked for me. IDK how old you are but I'm a ****ing junior in high school and its bull**** that they restrict me so I say **** you, no.

Resolved!

Me thinks that the OP probably ownes his own house and can do what he wants as long as his wife allows him.

We do appreate the effort to resolve this thread so on behalf of the staff thank you.
    Last edited by NES_player4LIFE; October 21st, 2017 at 23:45.
    -NES
    We are in the process of archiving all qualifying texture packs!
    Contact me via PM to have your N64 texture pack hosted on Emulation64.com!
    Having a hard time loading Large packs? Be sure to patch your emulator.
    Can't load .DAT or .HTC archives? Look no further then this shiny Tutorial, Android users may use this Tutorial.

Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I doubt the OP will ever notice the reply though, since his last logon was February 19th, 2014 14:45, and the thread is 13 years old.

One presumes that by now he's no longer living with his parents.

The Soul Reaving Gentleman Gent's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbbert View Post
    I doubt the OP will ever notice the reply though, since his last logon was February 19th, 2014 14:45, and the thread is 13 years old.

One presumes that by now he's no longer living with his parents.
    ROTFLMAO

That just made my day
    System 1 Specs:

CPU:Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q8400, 2.66 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB
    System RAM:8GB Ddr2 Ram
    Video:ATI Radeon HD 7470 PCI-E Graphics Card 1Gb
    Sound:Creative Labs SB0460 X-fi Fatality Sound Blaster

System 2 Specs:

CPU:AMD Essentials E1-2100 Accelerated Processor clock speed : 1.0 GHz
    System RAM:Crucial 16GB DDR3 RAM (1,333 MHz)
    Video Card:AMD E1-2100 APU with AMD Radeon™ HD 8210 Graphics
    Sound Card:Realtek ALC269Q-VB5-GR

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12