What's new

All Chankast tools!!!

yop

Mad Programmer
All Chankast usefull tools and links!!! (except 1)

I want to make a thread like these in order to make a list of all chankast usefull tools and links :

CHANKAST TOOLS :

• VMS Browser
    Authors : Elsemi
    Webpage : http://nebula.emulatronia.com/
    Notes : Made by the creator of Nebula, usefull to manage your memory card.

• Chankast Utilities
    Authors : Kryso
    Webpage : http://chankast.1emulation.com
    Notes : It includes Speed Pig (for speed seeting), GameBuster (for Cheat), ForceFeedback (for the dualshock), VMSManager (for Manage the VMS), ConfigureRegion (for setting the region), SnapIt (Snap pictures with hot key ALT+s), BugReport.

• Chankast Wrapper
    Authors : Dragon King & Lazarus
    Webpage : www.oscarcontrols.com/lazarus
    Notes : A wrapper to change easily between images.

• Chankast Front-End
    Authors : RTX Tech Studios
    Webpage : www.geocities.com/chankastfe
    Notes : It includes Avi recorder, VMSBrowser, change region, and maximized view.

• Cheat Pack for Chankast Utilities
    Authors : Gunzo The Mad Programmer
    Webpage : mirror link
    Notes : A cheat pack compatible with gamebuster, already included in chankast utilities.

• Full Screen Mode for Chankast 0.2a
    Authors : ????
    Webpage : private realease
    Notes : Allows you to play chankast 0.2a in fullscreen mode at 640*480, 800*600, 1024*768

• Fanix Full Screen 2003
    Authors : Fanix Software
    Webpage : www.fanix.com
    Notes : It is a system tray-based desktop management tool lets you instantly make a window full screen by a simple mouse click

SELFBOOT TOOLS :

VIRTUAL CD-ROMS TOOLS :

• Daemon Tools
    Authors : DAEMON
    Webpage : http://www.daemon-tools.cc
    Notes : Better use the 3.29 version, so that you won't see the IO errors warnings on chankast.

• Alcohol 120%
    Authors : Alcohol Soft Development Team
    Webpage : www.alcohol-software.com
    Notes : Probably the best burning tool, also capable to create virtual devices.

• Paragon CD-Emulator
    Authors : Paragon Software Group
    Webpage : www.cdrom-emulator.com
    Notes : You can get up to 23 virtual cd-roms drives.

SAVEGAME FILES

ps: post the names of the chankast tools I don't know :akuma:

Last edited by a moderator:

SeiferAlmasy

I am working to the some days in a project, to become selfboot of four forms:

CD2CD - Rips a COMPACT DISC non-boot and to record the COMPACT DISC already with selfboot

CD2IMG - Rips the COMPACT DISC non-boot or selfboot and transforms it into a ISO selfboot

IMG2CD - To catch an image non-boot and To record a COMPACT DISC Selfboot

IMG2IMG - to catch an image non-boot or selfboot and transforms it into selfboot (in the image case already selfboot, to take off dummy.dat and to reduce the size of the image)

when this program is ready, i post here so that they enjoy :)

OP
yop

yop

Mad Programmer
SeiferAlmasy said:
cool!!! :party:
hope these one will work for me, i'm unable to make 1 selfboot game :paperbag:

Trotterwatch said:
I split all the other posts out to keep this thing clean, the other posts are available:
good idea, they were off-topic :bouncy:

Last edited:

KyJelly

SeiferAlmasy said:

CD2CD - Rips a COMPACT DISC non-boot and to record the COMPACT DISC already with selfboot

CD2IMG - Rips the COMPACT DISC non-boot or selfboot and transforms it into a ISO selfboot

IMG2CD - To catch an image non-boot and To record a COMPACT DISC Selfboot

IMG2IMG - to catch an image non-boot or selfboot and transforms it into selfboot (in the image case already selfboot, to take off dummy.dat and to reduce the size of the image)

when this program is ready, i post here so that they enjoy :)

hurry up already!!!

morpheusx

I am trying to use this tool the way it's suppost to be used,i may be using it thinking it's for a perticular purpose.

I am assuming that i can use it to ripp a Dreamcast game backup from my E: drive which is my dvd cd-rw combo drive,to the Data folder in my Selfboot GUI by Exoskeletor directory,then make my Marvel vs capcom 2 backup bootable in my dreamcast,it's not bootable right now,for it to work in my Dc i would insert my utopia boot disc in my Dc and then put in marvel vs capcom 2,then it boots up fine,everytime i try use the Selfboot GUI by Exoskeletor app,it makes a data.iso only 32kb big,do i have to ripp my mvc 2 game files to the data folder? or i got this whole app wrong? plz,somone put me on the right page here.

I am not even going to get into the fact that i can't get my chanka to boot one single game,i only tried 2 Dc games that i ripped to my hdd and mounted with deamon tools 3.29,everytime i click run,the bios loads up with the swirl,after that,the bios time set and dates comes up,it asked for the date and time twice,after i enter the time and date 2 times,it just resets all over again asking for the date and time,the most i'll get is the track duration at 70 minutes or so and memory card formating and such but that's just a whole new can of worms.

KyJelly

morpheusx said:
I am trying to use this tool the way it's suppost to be used,i may be using it thinking it's for a perticular purpose.

I am assuming that i can use it to ripp a Dreamcast game backup from my E: drive which is my dvd cd-rw combo drive,to the Data folder in my Selfboot GUI by Exoskeletor directory,then make my Marvel vs capcom 2 backup bootable in my dreamcast,it's not bootable right now,for it to work in my Dc i would insert my utopia boot disc in my Dc and then put in marvel vs capcom 2,then it boots up fine,everytime i try use the Selfboot GUI by Exoskeletor app,it makes a data.iso only 32kb big,do i have to ripp my mvc 2 game files to the data folder? or i got this whole app wrong? plz,somone put me on the right page here.

I am not even going to get into the fact that i can't get my chanka to boot one single game,i only tried 2 Dc games that i ripped to my hdd and mounted with deamon tools 3.29,everytime i click run,the bios loads up with the swirl,after that,the bios time set and dates comes up,it asked for the date and time twice,after i enter the time and date 2 times,it just resets all over again asking for the date and time,the most i'll get is the track duration at 70 minutes or so and memory card formating and such but that's just a whole new can of worms.

if u keep getting the time set screen your bios has become corrupt. del both bios files and replace with fresh ones. i dont know why this happens but it happens to me often when a game locks up at boot with black screen and fps is still. replacing bios files fixes the problem by letting me play the games i know work but will become corrupt again if i try the problem image.

Dreamlover

Question: Can you give more information about the tools ? For Example: Wgat are the specials at this programm, is it difficuelt to use, if yes, where is an instruction), is it in develop, or does the programmer nothing more do at the programm, ... ?

OP
yop

yop

Mad Programmer
Updated tools list and also added some notes for every tool!! :party:

CrazyYatta

edit: yar. Ok, removed the links to that site. Anyways, the Fullscreen Fanix thing is up, so it doesnt matter anymore.

Last edited:
OP
yop

yop

Mad Programmer
CrazyYatta said:
Maybe you should make the link for Chankast Utilities to be to their site, instead of straight o the dl.
I'm not allowed to post the chankast utilities website, and recommend you to remove your links before some admin see them.
you can see a discussion about that here

CrazyYatta said:
you can also refrence the Fullscreen Chankast .2a to ... if thats what ure talking about
No, I'm not talking about fanix full screen. I'm talking about C++ program wich make you play chankast 0.2a in fullscreen mode. But it's a unsigned PRIVATE RELEASE, so it's extremly rare and forbidden to give to people.

ps: I'll add fanix full screen 2003, so there will be no more confusions, even if I don't consider it as a real "chankast tool".

Last edited:

The Dude

CrazyYatta said:
Maybe you should make the link for Chankast Utilities to be to their site, instead of straight o the dl. removed/

you can also refrence the Fullscreen Chankast .2a to this one too if thats what ure talking about

You should remove those links before the admins come down, remove the links, ban you, and then try to save this forum from being taken down by the law and corporations because of linking to that site. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

CrazyYatta

Lol. thanks for the warnin guys. Only problem now is, you have to remove the links from my quote. Isn't that ridiculous? lol