What's new

Dlls Changed By Chankast

SSJKullilin

ok here is a HUGE problem that i have (caused by chankast) at first, all my selfbootgames were working and all, but then i started to notice something. my pc was running at about 1 tenth of its normal speed after using chankast. so i thought... "What could have happened?" i thought nothing of it and restarted...
then it wouldnt let my pc turn on (disk boot failure please insert your installation disk was the error) i (being a complete geek) fixed the problem and finally got in to windows only to realize that my .net framework dll (jscript.dll) and my DX9.0b dll (i believe dx9b.dll but i might be wrong) were spewing out errors like crazy. i tried reinstalling but something is not lettiming me do it and i need help
my computer is running "normal" but its memory is slow and i cant run any program above notepad (i am on my other pc right now) if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated and if you could fix whatever in your program is capable of distroying all the dlls used in your program that would be nice too *^_^* but please any help any at all... (if i am not making any sense it is because i am histerical over this and its about 5 am by me)

::edit:: heh heh forgot to post my specs.. i am running on an XP 1500+ 512mb ddr ram windows XP pro SP1 w/ an ati radeon 9600XT (with latest drivers) and no i have not installed anything since chankast nor have i changed any settings in anything esle on my pc (besides chankast)

Last edited:

mezkal

Man on a mission
Wow....That sounds terrible man. Personally I would doubt that Chankast could ruin those dlls (especially jscript.dll as I doubt that Chankast is .NET nor would it have much use of JAVASCRIPT). However, what seems more likely too me is that you have either something rather wrong with your HDD (infact what you describe is symptomatic of HEAD CRASH - disk boot failure, cross-linked files and a screwed file entry table) or a nasty virus that s appending itself to certain files. If your PC's drive was beginning to fail it could have had problems with your most recently written files (Chankast, DX90b update which you presumably upgraded to run Chankast) and the files that got incindentally cross-linked (in this case jscript.dll).

Whatever reason, my heart go out to ya man. Disk erros suck BIGTIME. I would recommed that you back up the whole partition with a tool like GHOST. Then do a complete reinstall and restore files from your ghost'd save using Ghost Walker (a tool that lets you browse Ghost backups and restore groups of files with a single click).

Good Luck!

Mezkal

Pimp

Banned
lol, you shoud read more about chanka.

the emu uses 100% of your cpu power, it means no other program should be working while you play in chanka.

-the emu also uses directx 9 wich means d3d9.dll, do not use debugging version of directx it gives out silly info.

-again dont use any other program while playing in chanka unless you have a supercomputer or a multiprocessor box.

chanka is probably the most stable program in a alpha version .
alpha program normally gives error every second, chanka is more like last stage beta.

OP
S

SSJKullilin

i would like to point out that i did not run anything along-side chankast
and i fixed my jscript.dll by taking it off 1 other pc but now it seems that all my dlls are fucked i need some way to fix all of them.... it may have been a virus i guess but i find that unlikely because all this coincided with chankast
argh.. if anyone knows of any program that is capable of fixing a shizaload of dlls (all the important ones) then please tell me

mezkal

Man on a mission
Windows XP has the abilty to do a REPAIR install. Look up www.microsoft.com/windowsXP for more information. Basically what this entails is booting from the XP CD and reinstalling XP via the Repair option. You will lose any SERVICE PACK and Updates that you had installed prior. But you're settings (email, desktop icons, folder layout views etc) will all remain. Once this is done you will need to reinstall any fixes and service packs by visiting WindowsUpdate.microsoft.com.

Cheers,

Mezkal

mezkal

Man on a mission
Pimp said:
lol, you shoud read more about chanka.

the emu uses 100% of your cpu power, it means no other program should be working while you play in chanka.

-the emu also uses directx 9 wich means d3d9.dll, do not use debugging version of directx it gives out silly info.

-again dont use any other program while playing in chanka unless you have a supercomputer or a multiprocessor box.

chanka is probably the most stable program in a alpha version .
alpha program normally gives error every second, chanka is more like last stage beta.

Pimp, don't be so insulting bro.

Firstly, you're wrong. I run a heap of other apps aside from Chankast at the same - as do you. You may not realise but Windows XP has a great many "services" (apps that load on boot and run in the background) that run continously. Then you have Anti-Virus, Firewall and Printer Drivers running an almost all machines these days. So I really fail to see how you "avoid" running another app at the same time as Chankast. Windows NT based OSes (2K, XP, 2003) are all multi user, time sharing, threaded operating systems. Running multiple apps at the same time is what they're designed to do. If you want to run singular apps, get an XBOX or pre 1995 PC :p

Secondly you refer to "d3d9.dll" - Radeon users get to use this dll, Nvidia do not (well not yet anyway). Not all of the NV (or Matrox Parhelia for that matter) pipeline is fully "MICROSOFT STANDARD" DX9 compliant. The final portion of the pipeline for these cards uses the standard D3D.dll (DX8.1 standard). There's quite a lot of information around the web that discusses this.

Cheers,

Mezkal

MAD_BOY

weird guy
Pimp said:
well, it depends on how much memory you have, i have chanka and a lot of other progs running at the same time,and it uses only 60% of the cpu power, so watch out what you say ;P

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
mezkal said:
Secondly you refer to "d3d9.dll" - Radeon users get to use this dll, Nvidia do not (well not yet anyway). Not all of the NV (or Matrox Parhelia for that matter) pipeline is fully "MICROSOFT STANDARD" DX9 compliant. The final portion of the pipeline for these cards uses the standard D3D.dll (DX8.1 standard). There's quite a lot of information around the web that discusses this.
Dang. Nope. The applications compile against this library. The applications calls the apis in d3d9.dll. The functions (or code) inside d3d9.dll calls the drivers libraries, which in turns communicates with the hardware.
Sorry guy, that's the only way to be done.