What's new

What now for Icarus!

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
As DC emulation fans know! Icarus runs many games with almost perfect graphics. But very slowly!!! Now I read somewhere that parts of Icarus have been incorporated into Chankast (How true this is I am unsure). Does this mean that Cyrus will pass on his knowledge and can icarus? Or will development continue. Icarus looks like a great emulator from the shots and movies and I personally would love development to continue. But I am reading so many different things so I just wondered.

Cheers

Grant64

Stezo2k

S-2K
actually, that is a very good question, personally, I think that chankast will be a seperate project to icarus, but it would be very nice to see him join the chankast team, to make the emulator even more impressive than it is now :)

refraction

PCSX2 Coder
i think i remember cyrus64 posting on the icarus board saying that no part of the icarus code is used in chankast, altho i can imagine the icarus team provided some help in working out some parts of dreamcast emulation :)

At very least, i know the icarus team support and respect the chankast authors.

Evrain

The Forbidden One
Although at first Cyrus said that Chankast included various parts of Icarus... I think DCEmu published his interview, and somehow he implied that Chankast was a modified compiled Icarus.
Evrain

knowitman

Actually the Icarus team did help the Chankast team, but they didn't give them code that I know of. What they did provide was technical information and stuff for them to work with. This is how Chankast got a good fast start. The Chankast team got a lot of technical information to use.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
knowitman said:
Actually the Icarus team did help the Chankast team, but they didn't give them code that I know of. What they did provide was technical information and stuff for them to work with. This is how Chankast got a good fast start. The Chankast team got a lot of technical information to use.
And some of the emutalk members said I can remember that there are some plugins in developpment, so I think they will use the same plugin specifications. So they could had shared some code... just to say