What's new

This will allow you to export geometry WITH textures

Andy Olivera

I once thought of remodeling Kokiri forest, sort of like 3-Dimensionally tracing over it with better objects you know? I think that would look really good with high-res textures
I got stuck trying to retexture the Kokiri Shop and just couldn't get it to look right. Then I remembered you saying this and thought "What the hell?". So, for better or worse, I'm doing this. I've only two objects completed so far(the Kokiri Shop and matching sign), but here's a shot of them.

Kokiri01.jpg

I didn't think there would be any huge roots above ground(as in the original design) since the water supply is so close by. I added the door because it would be physically impossible to fit the actual store inside this tree. Instead, the interior can be built elsewhere and you can just cut between the two with an appropriately placed camera. Am I over-thinking this? :)

As you can see, it doesn't blend very well into its current surroundings, but I'm hoping that'll change as more objects get rebuilt. You can also glimpse the new texture I used for the dirt walls.

HeadHunter2

I like this plugin, but i can't export the full level!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is it right that the more minutes i try to get the level the more i get???
because it's never complete!!! :ranting:

Andy Olivera

HeadHunter2 said:
I like this plugin, but i can't export the full level!
Is it right that the more minutes i try to get the level the more i get?
because it's never complete! :ranting:
I've only tried it with Mario Kart and Ocarina Of Time, but from my experience with those two I can surmise only the part of the level that is currently in view(being rendered) is exported. It writes the output WRL file each frame(overwriting the old one), so the effect isn't cumulative. IOW, in order to get an entire level, you have to export each piece individually and stitch them back together. Fortunately, the coordinates remain constant between the different exports, so in order to reassemble them all you really have to do is import them. The downside is that if you're not careful you'll end up with a bunch of redundant stuff...

dreamer

' Be sure to create the folder C:\VRML before. Then go to video settings in-game and activate the option.'

how can i get this to work? i use 3D max 5 at the moment anyway so i thought i would give it a go (want to export oot models/+textures into max) , can't seem to find an option on nemu's video settings to export.

yep...i'm stuck at the beginning ..

dreamer

okay i got the plugin selected and it's exporting, someone let me know how long this will take (hours? minutes? anything)

OP
Lemmy

Lemmy

dreamer said:
okay i got the plugin selected and it's exporting, someone let me know how long this will take (hours? minutes? anything)

Less than a second usually per frame. Try turning on the option while in the middle of the game and once one frame is completed disable it again.

eeos

Has anyone been able to dump the Goldeneye geometry / textures? I would be forever greatful, as well as monetarily rewarding if someone could help me out with this one.

webkiller54

On a hypothesis I've conluded it seems to only work on specific machines. I've already tried this on two different PCs and the results have been the same. Looks like you and me are the unlucky ones. :paperbag: There's another plugin that rips models thats on this forum maybe you can try that one instead.

GothCrow

Can someone tell me how to texture these vrml models ,
And wich program fits best in this situation .
I have tryed texturing link , i don't think the face's are like it should be
Cause if i put a texture on it , you get the texture all over the model or face's
thnx anywayz

GothCrow

GothCrow

Somewhat damaged

eeos said:
Has anyone been able to dump the Goldeneye geometry / textures? I would be forever greatful, as well as monetarily rewarding if someone could help me out with this one.

Yah i can rip these textures for yah ,.
but you can do it too ,. try the "tr64" plugin
But remember it only saves texture's what has been loaded .
Not what you see.
So like if you want to rip textures from the main guy you should start texture export directly

also in the main emulation map ,. you MUST make a map called TILES

greetz gothcrow

Douglas_Fir

do you guys know of any good freeware applications for editing these sort of files? like a cad program or whatever, im interested in this type of thing but not really sure where to start, as well as whether it costs alot of money. It seems like most freeware applications tend to get burried on the internet, and yes i do kow how to work a search engine.

soccerboi00

Look what this thread has turned into! Everybody whining and saying "It doesn't work on my computer!". Give Lemmy a break! And BTW, great work Lemmy! It's amazing that this is even possible!

Bullet_Bill

Hey, I'm using 3dsmax7 and importing levels from Super Mario 64. When I import them the textures don't show up in the viewport. They do however show up when I render the scene, and they are perfect. Is this a problem? I am assuming that if the textures aren't showing up in the viewport, they are not going to show up when I try to stick the level in a video game. Is this correct?

Any help on solving this issue (if it is an issue) would be greatly appreciated.

BFeely

Your 3dsMax7 is not currently configured to show textures in the viewport for performance reasons. I think you can change a setting in the viewport to show the textures.

Knuckles

it's like that for 3dsmax5/6/7 (and older?) , you would need to reasign most textures using the material browser and so to make them show in the viewports... that's the only way I found so far

rubberducky

VRML with Valve Hammer

I got the VRML to export fine and I have what I want in 3ds max. Now I want to export from 3ds max to XSI Softimage MOD tool in order to export to .VMF (Hammer Editor). When I try to export from Softimage, it says that the meshes won't be exported because they some were concave and some were open meshes. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

dmsN64hawk

:bye3: I AM SERIOUSELY GETTING P.O.ed!
Alright, I'm in Nemu64 in my Mario64 rom. I'm just in the main area in front of the castle. I've made the vrml or w/e the heck its called folder in my C: drive. I go into "Plugins" then "configure video plugins" then I check the box that says "export VRML" and click "Okay". Then, the game gets real slow and choppy. Then I go back and uncheck the box and the game speeds up to normal again. I go into my C:VRML folder and there's NOTHING THERE! What am I doing wrong? :yawn: