What's new

This will allow you to export geometry WITH textures

Oblivion165

Where are all the different UCodes? can someone post them up? Preferably Turok Rage Wars.

Also the extract doesnt work for me in the new version. I pause the emulation and hit enable Export.

Pogo

Meshsmooth modifiers do nothing

Hi all

The meshsmooth modifier doesn't seem to work on these VRML files, any idea why? Here's where I am at the moment:

working%20on%20link.jpg

Pogo

Fixed

Wait! I've got it! Nemu64 doesn't export the mesh with conneced vertices. All the faces are completely seperate. You just have to connect the vertices in the "Editable Mesh" properties.

Thanks for... um... yeah!

Andy Olivera

I was just wondering if anyone's solved the texture wrapping problem? Don't know much about texturing myself, but looking at the UVs in Maya's editor it looks like they go way out of bounds.

Also, has anyone managed to extract anything from DK64? That game had some awesome locations.

Anyway, here's a trio of renders from some playing around I did with Kokiri Forest. It's easy to get around the wrapping on small objects, but with bigger ones(like the ground) and characters I haven't the slightest idea where to begin. I did play around with fixing Link for awhile, but I wasn't sure what the designers had originally intended(his arms and legs using the ear texture, for example) and it's hard to get a close look in-game...

Update: Images lost due to server crash...

Last edited:

Pogo

Lookin good! You've even got the alphas in there some how. Well after much verticy-welding and meshsmoothing (and texturing) I've finally come to Stage 2 of my Link thing:

Stage%202%20%232.jpg

Stage%202%20%233.jpg

Stage%202%20%234.jpg

The next big step is to apply a C.A.T rig to him so he's animatable. I hope to get the face and it's texture into ZBrush and sculpt the texture out into 3D, so then you get more depth in his face, and I can make different facial expressions as morph targets.

Last edited:

Pogo

Federelli said:
You should do something about the hair as well

I will, eventually I'll use Shag:Hair to immitate the shape and size but just with actual hair this time. It's a tough job, but it oughta be worth it

Pogo

Stage 3 - Hair reconstruction

Okay, here's the new hair in it's early stages:

Stage%203%20%236.jpg

At the moment, Link's hair looks so bad that you could swear he doesn't even know he has it. At the moment I'm cleaning it all up, trimming out the crap, and smoothening the tufts. In detail, I've taken the actual Hair model from the game and emmited proper hair from it along the surface. I've then hidden the hair model so you just see the hair it's self. If you look closely you'll see that there are actually multiple hairs emmiting from the hair model, which in real life, doesn't happen. But from a distance, it isn't too noticeable. The hardest part will be Stage 4, where I'll be applying a rig to Link and skinning him up to be animateable.

And why am I doing all this? Buggered if I know.

Federelli

Beta Tester
I bit messy, but cool, take a look at link from the gamecube versions (newest zelda not yet out) and see if you can give him that overal look :p

Why are you doing this? For our viewing pleasure :p:p ;)

Pogo

Bah, this is getting way too hard. You know that hair you see up there? Take it from me, that's as good as it's gonna get.

Hey Recycle Bin, catch!

Andy Olivera

Hey, I thought the modeled hair looked good. The only thing I would seek to improve would be, as you said, the face. Of course, that's probably an even bigger job and, as you said, there's really no reason to be doing this. For me, it's a learning experience...

I think I've Kokiri Forest just about finished. I imported the missing objects(rocks, signs, the gossip stone). I still want to do a bit of work with the textures, though. I wish texturing in Maya was as easy as DooM used to be. :) I'd like to use actual fluid for that pond(guess that's next on my list of things to learn). Apart from that, just adding some texture to the ground(notice how the dirt path seems to float) should be enough. Haven't decided whether or not I want to make the bridges/fences/ladders real 3D. We'll see...

PS. Anyone had any luck with DK64? Anyone?

Pogo

"I'd like to use actual fluid for that pond"

Aah, good idea. Seek out RealFlow 2.5 for that. I can get you a download link if you want. And yeah, I once thought of remodeling Kokiri forest, sort of like 3-Dimensionally tracing over it with better objects you know? I think that would look really good with high-res textures, especially if you render it out in an HDR-lit environment. Now THAT would look awesome.

NPrekah

please

im new (first post :bouncy: ) and wanted to know if joyboard can post a zip with the link model, I riped one but it sucked if you can thanks :saint:

webkiller54

Still not working....

I don't get it the maybe I'm doing something wrong but every time I try to use it I get an error and my nemu crashes. I tried it in 1964 other emulator but I get the Exception in Emulation Thread error arrrgh someone help me please! :paperbag: