What's new

This will allow you to export geometry WITH textures

JoyBoard

GeniusJennis said:
Sure
Close enough :p
And no didn't do a thing just imported it into 3ds max
PS: Just exported the Fighting force team (upside down :p)

Cool, thanks! Could you also post one shot of the Arwings right when the game starts? (The "Checking G-Diffuser System" part) - That'd be great, I'm interested in in the UVs!

GeniusJennis

JoyBoard said:
Cool, thanks! Could you also post one shot of the Arwings right when the game starts? (The "Checking G-Diffuser System" part) - That'd be great, I'm interested in in the UVs!

Sure, There are still some minor adjustments to make though:

Any more requests (now I am at it :p)
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

tehjustin

texture help

Hey, I just recently got 3dsm, and I'm new to the interface... I've yet to figure out how to reapply skins once they've been exported. I've managed to extract a character model from final fantasy 7, and I'm trying to convert him so that he'll work in gta vice city... problem is, he's in .3ds format.. I suppose I could re-extract him in a different format, put I need advice on how to make him vice city-compatible (player.dff).. any help at all would be greatly appreciated. thanks. :homestar:

O

overkill

I've tryed to extract conker's geometry, but have been unsuccessful. I'm too buisy to try again anytime soon, but I will have 3DS Max before the week is over. Once I have it I'll be able to see what the problem is without using the 3D program @ my school.

NeoNight

Hey lemmy is it possible to get some kind of progress bar to let us know when all of the textures/geo's are dumped? I got a few errors here and there it seems that it was because not all of the geometery got a chance to be dumped or something.

Ok heres my first crap try

Last edited:

tehjustin

clueless

maybe I should have been a little more specific... lemme organize my problems.
1.) need specific help on dumping n64 models
2.) need help on how to break open the IMG file for gta, vice city (gta3 imgtool doesnt work for crap, before you even say it)
3.) help on re-applying skin to model in 3dsm6
4.) if anyone could refer me to a good dff (vice city model format) editor, I would greatly appreciate it.
the one I'm worried about most though is extracting n64 models. thanks alot guys. :homestar:

OP
Lemmy

Lemmy

NeoNight said:
Hey lemmy is it possible to get some kind of progress bar to let us know when all of the textures/geo's are dumped? I got a few errors here and there it seems that it was because not all of the geometery got a chance to be dumped or something.

Ok heres my first crap try

The whole scenery including all textures is exported EACH frame. So a progress bar wouldn't make sense.

NeoNight

Um ok so I shouldn't let the textures and everything dump for more one or 2 frames? it seems as if they get overwritten but then messed up if I have the plugin dump for too long.

tehjustin

meh...

Perhaps I should use a different forum, if I don't know how to export geometry from nemu in the first place, I shouldn't be asking here of all places... :homestar:

NeoNight

oh lol yeah tehjustin um use another emu with lemmy's plugin such as 1964... run the game get to the part where you want to extract the textures. Then go into plugins-- video-- and choose the export vrml option. Make sure you have a folder named (upper case or lower case might not matter) vrml in your C: drive. The program will extract the textures and the whole scence into the vrml folder. You should then see a bunch of bmp images and an output.wrl.

If you import (using import and the all types option or the vrml option) the output into 3dsmax6 you might want to resize it as it will be very very very small. If your looking for character's in the scene they'll be even smaller. If you get any kind of error when importing the scene chances are it wasn't dumped correctly so you might want to try again. Just make sure you remove whatever output and bmp files where in the folder. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
OP
Lemmy

Lemmy

NeoNight said:
oh lol yeah tehjustin um use another emu with lemmy's plugin such as 1964... run the game get to the part where you want to extract the textures. Then go into plugins-- video-- and choose the export vrml option. Make sure you have a folder named (upper case or lower case might not matter) vrml in your C: drive. The program will extract the textures and the whole scence into the vrml folder. You should then see a bunch of bmp images and an output.wrl.

If you import (using import and the all types option or the vrml option) the output into 3dsmax6 you might want to resize it as it will be very very very small. If your looking for character's in the scene they'll be even smaller. If you get any kind of error when importing the scene chances are it wasn't dumped correctly so you might want to try again. Just make sure you remove whatever output and bmp files where in the folder. Hope that helps.

that just keeps hurting... :(

at least i did my 99th post

xero9009

Can someone post a link or send me a Banjo model (*.x or *.3ds) with textures? (AIM: d00mShad0wz998). The geometry with textures plug-ins stop the emulation and give unknown errors :ranting: (something like "Problem in Lemmy's video plugin. Would you like to debug the program?" Then it just crashes. If someone knows a solution please tell me) ... thanks in advanced...

NeoNight

Lemmy said:
that just keeps hurting... :(

at least i did my 99th post

opps >_< :blush: well I was just trying to help :saint: the plugin is great though!......... *steps back..... walks away quitely*

Knuckles

well, I found a way to make it export and it's working perfectly each time.

I use 1964 for that.

When I'm where I need to extract stuff, I go in the video plugin options and check the export Vrml option then go ingame, after that, when I see the screen moving to the next frame, I just press the pause button, the emu will pause EXACTLY RIGHT AFTER the plugin finished it's dump (before next frame) , so no immediatly. then I go uncheck the option and import it in 3ds!

works perfectly each and every time! :)

tehjustin

hooray!

Huzzah for knuckles! finally, all my troubles are solved. he was always the coolest Sonic the Hedgehog character anyway. Time to rip some sprites!!!!!11111oneoneoneeleven!!