Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i don't know anything about the vrml format but when you import it into 3ds max there's no alpha on any of the textures... not sure if that can be fixed, but.. i knew the texture exporter exported *_c.bmp and *_a.bmp for color and alpha (even on all-opaque textures)
    to get the masked textures right in 3ds max i had to create a mask map with the existing bitmap as a sub-map and then load the *_a.bmp for the mask. enable invert mask, disable tiling on the color map and enable tiling on the alpha map.

after flipped normals, attach (to make it all one mesh), vertex weld, and meshsmooth..

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fatalM4
    i don't know anything about the vrml format but when you import it into 3ds max there's no alpha on any of the textures... not sure if that can be fixed, but.. i knew the texture exporter exported *_c.bmp and *_a.bmp for color and alpha (even on all-opaque textures)
    to get the masked textures right in 3ds max i had to create a mask map with the existing bitmap as a sub-map and then load the *_a.bmp for the mask. enable invert mask, disable tiling on the color map and enable tiling on the alpha map.

after flipped normals, attach (to make it all one mesh), vertex weld, and meshsmooth..
    Hey, it seems u know alot about 3ds Max. I was wondering if there was an easy way to flip the models around. It took me about an hour to do a whole sceen. This is what i did:
    1) Press "H"
    2) Select an object
    3) Select Modify>Selection>Face
    4) Press "Ctrl+A" (Select All)
    5) Select Modify>Surface Properties>Normals>Flip
    4) Repeat for all objects

It turned out looking alright but was a pain in the @$$ with 109 Objects. I tryed to make a Macro to make it easer but i couldent. If you cant help me, could you please direct me in the right direction (website, form, ect.). Thanks alot for your help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    just ctrl+A (select all) and then go to Modifiers>Mesh Editing>Normal Modifier and check Flip Normals over on the right
    you can also just pick the Normal modifier from the modifier list box on the right once everythign is selected
    then all objects in the scene will have the normal modifier applied to them

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey, this is pretty cool, I'll have a look at that.

@fatalM4: Well, I guess the output was a triangulated mesh, right? You should not use Smoothing on Meshes with triangles - Have you tried to smooth the normals instead?

Edit: I'm also wondering if the Poly UVs will be exported correctly. I'm currently trying to find a way to convert the wrl files to obj files in order to load them into Maya.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Aaaalright, I managed to import our little fellah Link into Maya. But I lost all UV Informations, I guess because of the conversation from .wrl to .obj.

Nevertheless, a very cool feature! I think about rigging this little guy, weighting should not take all to long for 600 verts, hehe.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And heres Mario - He actually consists of more Polygons than Link!

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey Knuckles,

Could you give me a screenshot of the Max UVW Editor while you selected a character or whatever? I'd like to see if UV's get exported properly as well.

Btw, heres Banjo - He consisted of about half the polyCount of Mario!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    it's fine, I found the prob, but how do u make the textures to appear without having the render everything?

It looks way better than ingame
    Last edited by Knuckles; July 21st, 2004 at 00:16.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Search for some Hardware Texturing Options for 3ds Max, that should solve the problem.

Well, could you upload such a model with proper UVs as 3ds or obj File? Would be great.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well, I'm not really good in 3ds, I can open/import stuff, play a bit by modifying removing stuff, that's all

here's the GoldenEye ZMG (9mm)

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast