What's new

PSX Emulators

Mr_Calculus

Can anybody tell me what is the best emulator for PSX? I tried AdriPSX ILE, but it runs my isos very slowly. I am new to PSX emulation so I still don't know much. Could anybody help me out and tell me what the best emulators and plug-ins are? Thanks.

dukenukem

lord freiza
Epsxe,use pete's ogl1.75 or pete's d3d1.75 plugin,if you would post your comp specs it would help more.

zaba_3

all pete`s plugins are good. if some game doesnt work properly change plugin to other pete plugin

smcd

I use ePSXe with the pete d3d plugin, works nicely (of course i am playing from a modern computer with a real disc in the drive, not an ISO) - Castlevania Symphony of the Night. There are only one or two areas that are noticeably different from a real PS, but those are minor.

revl8er

That Damn Good
The best psx emulators are ePSXe, PSXeven, and Emurayden which is a hacked version of VGS. All of the emulators except Emurayden use pluigins to play games and all the emulators can run numerous games at full speed depending on the plugins used and your pc specs. If you have a decent pc 900mhz or faster then you should get pretty decent results using either emulator. I would recommend using ePSXe for most games though with either Pete's d3d plugin or Peop's d3d plugin. If you have an Nvidia brand card then try Pete's OGL plugin for best results. Hope this advice helps you out.

OP
M

Mr_Calculus

Thanks for the help, guys. I guess I know where to go in case I have any more questions. Oh, and that reminds me. Who's Pete?