What's new

is pj64 dead?

Swampylee

Well, YES - at least publicly.

I think the whole team were under a LOT of pressure and, additionally, Zilmar decided that he didn't want to continue which, of course, is his decision. Looking at it rationally, I think the most likely way forward for PJ is that the core remains pretty much the same but Jabo MAY continue to develop the plugins if he feels like it. Smiff is likely to update the RDB once in a while once he returns from a well deserved break.

To be honest the core is pretty well complete. If you look at which ROMS aren't supported and why, the majority aren't supported because of plugin issues - not core issues.

So, there is still hope if Jabo decides to continue with the plugins. However, whatever happens we should all just be thankful that we have such a great emulator.

With the source code to the core and RSP released this may help other Emu authors with their own cores.

If I were in Zilmar's shoes I'd find it very difficult to let go and interestingly he's been on IRC a lot more lately (wonder why? maybe he's got some more free time now that he isn't working on PJ ;) )

Finally, I hope that Jabo continues the plugins which will increase compatability but ANYONE who puts unnecessary pressure on any of the team deserves a good slap. Be happy with what we've got and if anything else gets developed it'll be a very nice suprise. There are other 64 emulators that are progressing very well.

Regards, Swampylee