What's new

Dark textures?

Tigrath

Using 1964 0.9.9 with the Rice video plugins on default settings for both OGL and D3D gives me strangely darkened textures, but from what I've seen it only applies to stuff like the HUD/menu graphics in games. Primary examples would be Goldeneye and Aidyn Chronicles, in GE all of the text that says you picked up ammo or a weapon or something is blackened and hard to read, and a lot, if not all of the text in the pause menu is like that as well. In AC, all the text in transparent on-screen boxes are similarly blackened and only visible with something brightly-colored behind it. Which, by 'on-screen boxes' I mean things like the title screen menu (New Game/Load Game/Options) and character dialog along the bottom of the screen. I haven't played into AC much at all on the rice plugin so I don't know what else is affected. And that's with normal 5.6.0, I got the one with the three fixes from the 5.6.0 thread and it made all those menus and dialog and stuff that I mentioned disappear completely, along with pretty much all other HUD-like 2d text and graphics, such as the THQ and H2O logos, and the words "Licensed by Nintendo," among all others. And Goldeneye on the fixed plugin looks just..screwed up. The characters look fine but everything else doesn't. Various parts of guns randomly disappear, most objects can be seen through, and all world textures randomly flicker between black and white (except for certain ones, like the blueish textures of the bathroom doors in the Facility).

In any case...err..how do I fix this stuff, what settings do I change or what other plugins should I use, and all that? Most of the settings I've tried changing have only either made it worse, or changed something small and unhelpful, or done nothing. Sorry for the long-windedness above. If needed here are the actual plugins I am using:
Rice's Video 5.6.0 ('fixed' 3x)
schibo's Audio Plugin 1.2 based on UltraHLE
N-Rage's Direct-Input8 V2 1.80a
RSP emulation plugin ("Made for Project64 (c) - Version 1.5 -- by Jabo & Zilmar")
RSP: Both lists enabled

Lord A.

The Wu From The North
Have you tried disabling list for video from the RSP.? For me Goldeneye works just well with Rice's Video 5.6.0 (fix 3), and I don't use RSP for video....

OP
T

Tigrath

Hmm, when I try it without the RSP display lists, I always get an error, "7000E79C: Exception in emulation thread". That's with the CPU core style as Recompiler. Setting it to Interpreter makes the video % in the status bar go up to about 97% and hold there, but the screen stays black and nothing actually happens aside from the emulator itself being sluggish while I try to stop emulation. And another thing to mention, even though Bomerman 64 says "playable!" I always have this black square covering all of the screen except for a line on the right side. It does this with every plugin I use, and all the settings I mess with don't seem to fix it. Blech..

Lord A.

The Wu From The North
Hmm, do you have the normal blender and normal combiner on from Rice's Video's settings.? Most games have black & white textures, transparency errors and stuff with them on, so they should be off, at least for all the games I have so far....