What's new

Chankast Utilities v0.01 released

IJTF_Cinder

Here they are for those of you interested and waiting for them!

Chankast Utilities v0.01
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Speed Pig -> Status 90% - Speed Pig is a tool to increase or decrease the delay between refresh of frames on your PC, thus increasing the speed. (Audio gets increased too, so you will want to only use this if you don't mind trading off sound for speed)

GameBuster -> Status 50% - GameBuster is a game cheater, the version in Chankast is just a plugin for it. This version of GameBuster can only lock memory address, but not search for cheats. You must do this on your own (See the readme)

DualShock EveryWhere -> Status 10% - DualShock EveryWhere is a tool that makes a game or a emu support force feedback, even if they don't support
originally. This is currently not working ATM!

VMSBrowser -> Status 100% - This is Elsemi's tool and we have gotten permission from him to use it in the utilities. See the readme for more info.

SnapIT -> Status 95% - This tool takes a snapshot of the emulator, all snaps are placed in a SNAPS folder.

See the readme for further information.

You WILL need a clean install of of the official Chankast (normal build, not New GFX or the Capcom hack) to use these utilities, as the Utilities come in a patcher. You know where to get this from.

You can download the Chankast Utilities here (Self Extracting RAR archive 677kb)

Any further questions should be directed to N7U8Team, not me. I'm just the messenger :D

Last edited:

Mago1982

The Snapshot thing works, the pig-speed thing doesn't... Does not increase or decrease speed.

Didn't try cheat.

Greggory

The speed pig thing worked for me, I'm loving this emulator a lot more now. I got around a 100FPS on many of the games when I put it to fastest. I think it differs on what kind of pc you got too since it says on the official chankast utilities site that..

Some information about Speed Pig, what it does is that it decreases the refresh time, it doesn't exactly improve the speed of your pc though. Each program has a delay time, not the same as frame skip, between each frame. What he does is, he improves the time up time. This makes the game substantially faster while being emulated as you can see the remarkable speed of the FPS in our screenshots section.

The sound got choppy as was said, but I just muted and turned my walkman on hehe.

EDIT: Most of the Ikaruga cheats worked too, have't tried all of them though. :party:

Last edited:

Squaresoft74

Pceripper
Only get SnapIT working here.
Speed Pig and GameBuster does nothing at all ,weird.
I made some cheats for Psyvariar 2 and they work fine using GameMaster or ArtMoney.

N7U8Team

By accident the test team members tried to fix some of my grammar mistakes but I have a CRC check on it and if they changed anything, it wouldn't work. So were going to update a hot fix right now. Oh and Greggory, it's working for you because I emailed you my version, the unedited one.

Greggory

Geezus, so that's why. I was getting sick of getting accused of being a liar on IRC that it works. :plain:

Well here is a picture of Ikaruga running around 78FPS. It fluctuates a lot for me because of the places in the game, but it hasn't ever gone lower than 60. :icecream:

Greggory

Well they just released the fixed version on the official chankast utilities website.
You guys should know where to find it. :)

Squaresoft74

Pceripper
Speed Pig still doesn't work.
Cheats work now :)
Here's a quick made cht file to get infinite bombs/lives with Psyvariar 2.

K`dash

Hello, I am another Test Team Member. Sorry guys, we changed some stuff before it released, mostly grammatical errors. We forgot that N7U8TEAM put a crc check on it. Here is a MIRROR Link to the fixed version http://www.chronocompendium.com/ChankastUtilv01f.exe. Again we are sorry for any inconveniences we caused.

Speed Pig does work. During the testing, some of us reported that it did not work on our systems and others said it did. The speed system it self verys between the system and the game at times.

PS: It looks like IJTF_Cinder is asleep now, so can a moderator please update the link in his post? Thank you.

Last edited:

Masterem

When should i run speed pig?

When is the best time to run speed pig? do you run it before or after you init the game? Thanks to anyone who is able to help me.

:bouncy:

Greggory

I have always used it before, sometimes messed around with it while playing the game as well and it still works. For some games, it doesn't work, and other's it does. It's exactly what K`dash said, depends on the system and the game. My clock started going very fast too, I talked to N7U8Team and he said it is normal because it speeds up your entire computer, not just Chankast. So that's a good way of checking if it's working right for you and if it's your system or not.

Masterem

Is it true?

iwas going to try this but i dident know if it would mess up my computer. i heard that if you press ctrl+alt+delete while chankast is running and change the programs priority to above normal or hig that it should also increase your FPS. does anyone know if it is true or if doing this could mess up ones pc.

Once again thanks to anyone able to supply me with some insight. :bouncy:

Greggory

You should slap the person who ever gave you that information. It sounds like complete BS to me and it makes no sense at all. You need to really change the source of where you get your info. Coming here is a good start though. :happy:

Masterem said:
iwas going to try this but i dident know if it would mess up my computer. i heard that if you press ctrl+alt+delete while chankast is running and change the programs priority to above normal or hig that it should also increase your FPS. does anyone know if it is true or if doing this could mess up ones pc.

Once again thanks to anyone able to supply me with some insight. :bouncy:

Masterem

Thanks.

Thanks for the tip but when it comes to chankast i am willing to try anything from some extra speed if you understand what im saying. But it dont hurt to ask right. see ya later and thanks again man for the info. :bouncy:

OP
I

IJTF_Cinder

Sorry people, someone failed to mention to me when I cleaned up the readme a bit, that a CRC check is done on all the files. :term:

AFAIK speedpig works backwards. Faster on the slider actually = slower
AND if you go too far with it, you'll actually end up with things going slower than they would without using it. (At least in my experience) Play with it in small increments.

achiles

my problem is that I cant have the speed pig screen and the chanka running at the same time on my 2.8p4,I have to exit out of speed pig to get back to chankast. If I exit ,the speedpig wont work, Ill try tomorrow with my athlon 2400xp.