What's new

0.5.3 Feedback

otomo

Well, I hadn't check Jnes for ages, and lemme say, it's improved way much than I had expected, great of Jabo.

now, if you could fix the sound from the normal gun in contra...

ggab

Emutalk Member
knowitman said:
That is a very rare error indeed. It does work fine if you don't have triple buffering on though?
Yes, it does.
But a lot of games looks better (smoother) win TB on, so i dunno why doesn't work in the right way....

Jabo

Emulator Developer
Alright I'll try to reply to some things

Adding a shortcut is no big deal for close, I'll try to remember to do that, about the DInput LPT1 lagging problems with Triple buffering, I've actually heard of that before in PJ, I really can't say any info else tho since I'm far from being able to diagnose or test it out

knowitman

Well the only thing that I would like to be added has been added. Zipped rom support for netplay. I remeber that didn't work in the last version I had. Great job Jabo.

Now that I think about it. I don't know if you could do this easily, but I think a movie mode like in RockNES would be cool. Then I could make a video of my gameplay in my favorite emulator to show my friends.

ggab

Emutalk Member
i have a voodoo3, i dunno in other cards..
i did some test, and i found the problem: is in the 60 hz frecuency refresh in all resolutions. It's the default in XP, when a d3d/glide/ogl aplication loads in fullscreen... so, if i use another Hz, different of 60hz everything is fine/OK (TB works).

but, some comments:
1) if a set "98/me" in compatibility (in winXP) it works ok (all resolutions with 60hz refresh), but the sound is not as good as the default XP execution, for me is not a solution.
//i tested this bug with WinME and all is OK, so this bug doesn't happen at all.
2)i need this 60hz refresh working, because when i use the TV, (really always to play every game with a gamepad :) ), i use NTSC (59.97hz)......
3)did u think?, that this bug is related to:
about the DInput LPT1 lagging problems with Triple buffering, I've actually heard of that before in PJ
because i never had problems with the gamepad, all games runs OK, i think gamepad's driver do the job (with Dinput) very well.....
4)can someone else test this?, remember, u need a gamepad/joystick (usb, midi-port, etc) and set the monitor's resolution with a refresh of 60hz....

dieourumov

Whining Sod
frame rate issues in some games make them totally unplayable(Tecmo superbowl most notibly). very dissapointed, never had so much trouble before.