What's new

Help with Magic Knight Rayearth ISO and Satourne!

Kailu_Lantis

Magic Swordsman
Hello,

I've been cracking my head for 3 days now, trying to make Magic Knight Rayearth work on the Satourne. I'm not sure if the emulator or the game is at fault, because it's the only ISO I have and the first time I use the emulator.

So far, this is what I've done:

1. Install the newest release of Satourne (1.1P). This includes assigning all the plugins, getting a Saturn BIOS and ST_V BIOS (MAME) and pasting the "MSVCR70.DLL" file PsyMan recommended in a thread.

2. Change my ASPI layer to version 4.60 (1021). I used aspichk.exe to make sure the installation worked fine.

3. Load the ISO game with CD-block plugin type A and type B.

When I click on the RUN button the emulator does nothing (FPS 0.0) until Windows shuts it down for me. Does anyone know what else I can do to play the game or if it is playable at all on Satourne?

GigiGiri runs the game slowly, however it gets stuck as soon as you talk to Fuu or Umi on Tokyo Tower.

Help!!!

~Kailu_Lantis

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
The latest Satourne version does not run ISOs, it runs only CDs. I also don't think that this game is supported yet.
Girigiri needs a fast system (about 2 Ghz) to run at full speed, but you may be able to pass the spot where the emulator hangs if you change the game options from the file "games.dat". Hint: Setting VSync to 50 or higher may help.

OP
Kailu_Lantis

Kailu_Lantis

Magic Swordsman
Hi Psyman,

I burned my ISO (.bin + .cue) of Magic Knight Rayearth with Nero Burning Rom. When I loaded it on Satourne, a bunch of odd characters showed up on the bottom of the screen, instead of the game title in English (which shows up when I load the ISO mounted on Alcohol 120%).

The game still didn't run. Does this mean the game isn't supported by the emulator or that I burned the game wrong? I want to remove the image from my hard disc now that I have it on CD, but I want to make sure it's a working copy. I can browse with Win Explorer without a problem.

zman

The best way I know of for making shure that a Sega Saturn game is set up correctly is to use GiriGiri. Once you have the *.bin/*.cue file and set the *.toc file and correctly set base.ini up for GiriGiri, run the emulator, and if the Sega boot screen shows itself after the bios loaded, then you know you have set the *.bin/*.cue files correctly. All you need to do it use Alcohol120% to burn the *.bin/*.cue image to cd and that's it. The cd will be a correct working copy of the game and should work well with cd based emulation of the Sega Saturn. Provided of course the emulator is compatible enuff to run the game itself.

bobbias

Banned
Hey, I've been looking for that game for a long time, and i was hoping i might be able to contact you outside this forum about where to find it.