What's new

Change Dreamcast Bios From Pal/span To Ntsc/eng!

v2freak

How can I tell if it's write-protected? I right-clicked on it and went to properties but it doesn't mention it

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
v2freak said:
How can I tell if it's write-protected? I right-clicked on it and went to properties but it doesn't mention it
Everytime you bring up athe properties page of one or more files in Windows, it'll tell you if the set attributes of those file(s) (archive, read-only, etc.).

v2freak

chankastsettings5zh.png

Here's a picture of my Chankast properties

Mouser X

See that area in the lower left-hand corner that says "Read-only"? That means that Windows won't let ANYTHING overwrite that file. As such, you can't save your alterations unless you remove that setting. Just like a Floppy disk won't write when you have the little switch moved. That saved the company my dad worked at once... They had lent out one of their PCs to another company. When they asked for it back later, the barrowers didn't want to return it. When they did, the PC was completely filled with all kinds of viruses. They were so intrusive, that even error dialouges (like, when the PC can't write to a floppy) didn't show. It just kept trying to write to the disk, but couldn't because they had it write protected. Whoever it was that barrowed that PC is a nice guy, I guess... [/sarcasm].

Anyway, hopefully that helps. Mouser X over and out.

v2freak

Ah I see. Unchecking the box will allow me to write over it then? Thanks again!

^Did this, same problem!

Last edited: