What's new

BaDbOy3998's Sound Problems (Merged threads)

sk8bloke22

roll for life
pj64er said:
try to stick with Jabo's audio, if u like azimer's theres a new beta out! its slower, but it seems to be better for me.

if u use azimar's plugin, make sure u select HLE audio in the rsp settings...big increase.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
sk8bloke22 said:

if u use azimar's plugin, make sure u select HLE audio in the rsp settings...big increase.

oh ya, i forgot to mention this.

but doesnt azimer's ONLY work with the HLE setting? (dont remember it working with it off)

OP
B

BaDbOy3998

Using Version 1.3

Okay, my sound problem is basic stuttering (recap.). Okay well now I'm using Version 1.3 on PJ64 and have noticed sound works better, although is hardly near-perfect (stuttery still an issue). Yeah I'm using azimer v 0.30 maxed out buffer and hle audio in the rsp plugin thing... But, as I've found out, increased buffer size for me (from zilmar's to azimer's v 0.30) has made sound stuttery less worse, but hardly where I'd least want to be, in other words I need better audio. Does anybody know an audio plugin for PJ64 that offers the highest amount of buffer out there, or can be configured/easily coded to do so? Or, is there another way to increase the buffer significantly?

OP
B

BaDbOy3998

Mixup...

Okay, basically i'm still a teen living at home. The family's computer is a PIIII 2 ghz, the one in my room which is mine, is a AMD 751. My video card sucks, yeah, but what do you suggest then? Oh yeah, try not to answer w/an expensive one, I only work @ Kroger!!!

OP
B

BaDbOy3998

Good question from me...

Okay, I need to free up the system a.m.a.p. when using PJ64, so can someone tell me what options I should choose in PJ 64 Version 1.3. I need to do so b/c my sound is stuttery, and my slow video card doesn't "talk" to the processor fast enuff. If you can't tell me the options, then could you point me to a specific audio plugin that allows for an overly increased amount of buffering, or tell me a way to make the sound non-stuttery Pleez...

:pj64:

oh yeah, sry my post is crappily typed but I'm tired...

Martin

Administrator
You can forget about getting a new sound card, that won't help. As linker says, your bottle neck is your graphics card. Limited budget? I've heard that the GeForce 3 ti-200 is a great performer, yet cheap. Try that.

If that's too expensive too, the GeForce2 MX would be a slower but cheaper alternative. Real cheap in fact. :)

B*A*G*G

Emutalk Member... sorta
you might wanna upgrade that AMD cpu too, as most n64 games dont run at full speed on a cpu under 1.2Ghz and that can also lead to coppy sound (expecially without sound buffering). games like goldeneye & perfect dark need a leased a 1.3ghz AMD cpu to run at full speed with pj64 (might vary on systems with faster RAM & GPU).

OP
B

BaDbOy3998

Forget 'bout it

Well, I'm just gonna save up money and blow it on a decked out cpu, which will set me back finantially, needless to say my future car will be a POS, but that's what life is like as a teenager with parentz who dont make 100g a year...