What's new

TUTORIAL: How to make your homebrew games bootable

Conquerjt

Ok How exactly do I do this. I downloaded the Bittorrent of Sonic Adventure and dont know what to do. HELP ME PLEASE. I just wana play the game.

Last edited:

yakuzashunter

HEEEELLLLP!

I cannot get this program to function correctly at all.

I fownload the program from this site, insert the BIOS into the file, and load the program.

WHen I mount Soul Calibur using Daemon tools 3.29 it has a .cda file in it that lasts 3 seconds. Now what the **** am I doing incorrectly?

It seems every time I load the program I either get an error I/O or the program goes into the loop of the clock.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
When Chankast asks for the date/time multiple times in a row, that means that the Dc_flash.bin is corrupt. You need to find a replacement.

If you still get an I/O error when you use DT 3.29 to mount images, your image is most likely corrupt as well.

Last edited:

yakuzashunter

I figured it out....

My BIOS itself, was corrupt.

I replaced it from one from another site, along with the flash file and now it works.

Anyone know how I can get POP to work?

I have mounted it and when it starts it freezes the PC.

SilverStar

2.5 Quick questions...

Since I don't really feel like reading through the 15 pages to find the answer to a couple quick questions, I'll just tag 'em at the end here.

1) Can whatever auto-selfboot utils talked about in here, turn the image of a commercial game, into an actual Dreamcast-bootable image?
a. If yes, which one is the easiest/best, and is there a quick guide to any steps that may be required beyond [rip data from CD(off a previously compiled and working image)], [run program], [follow prompts]?

2) If question 1 is [Yes], will it work with games that have their own CD-DA information, properly? An example of this would be the game Omikron, which has the Omikron theme as an actual audio track, which is loaded during the game's intro sequence to play. With the method I used, which was following the manual Echelon selfboot recompiling method(very time consuming!), the Omikron backup wouldn't play the song, but the original game disk did.

LondonOntGuy

Hey guys, I'm new here and thought I'd throw my 2 cents in.

Not having any luck finding Daemon 3.29, I figured I'd use Alcohol, and it works. Only thing is, when you mount a CDI image, it's not reconized by Windows, at least 2000 sp4 it's not.

So here's what I did for games that are non-self booting after a few hours of trial, error and alot of cursing and swearing:

I burned the CDI with Alcohol to a RW, then redumped it into a Clone CD image(CCD).
Mounted it with Alcohol
Ran Exoboot
Burned the finished CDI file back to the RW disc
Redumped the game back to the hard drive into the CCD image
Mount, and enjoy.

For games that are self booting but in the CDI format.

Just burn it with Alcohol to a RW.
Dump the game back to the hard drive into a CCD
Mount, and play.

Bit of a pain in the ass I know, but it works. At least for Soul Calibur, CvS 1 Pro and Third Strike. And for the remixes of CvS2 and MvC2, it works just as good.