What's new

Chanka Compatability List

ScOr_311

The Force be with you!!!
no :down:
I can' t run soul calibur
I hope the new release work with the utopia boot because i can' t find a tool to add the ip.bin in soul calibur.

BruceLee1972

My System: P3 800 MHZ FSB 100
384 MB Ram 100 MHZ
Nvidia Geforce4 Ti4400

Games: Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX
Daytona USA 2001
Mr.Driller
Powerstone

lenselijer

tested 'some' more games:

record of lodoss war - crashes the emu
king of fighters evolution - no vga support
confidential mission - works perfect, nice speeds, use the normal chankast version!
surf rocket racers - playable, some graphic errors, runs at about 15fps for me, use the normal chankast version!
street fighter 3: third strike - has many graphical errors and runs pretty slow. Use the capcom chankast version.
metropolis street racer PAL - runs very nice and is playable
bleem! for gran turismo 2 - shows sega screen then hangs
the next tetris - no vga support
time stalkers - not playable, nice speeds and graphics, but as soon as you enter the first room, it crashes the emu at the loading screen
championship pro surfer - mmu not supported
test drive le mans - plays 1 movie then a text appears onscreen: overrload, and it doesn't go any further
espn nba 2 night - shows title screen, then keeps loading
street fighter 3: double impact - shows capcom logo then returns to bios
sonic shuffle - music is playing but no title screen
starwars jedi power battles - shows intro movie then closes the emu
kiss psycho circus - mmu not supported
sno-cross championship racing - no vga support
sega bass fishing 2 - very slow ingame, but playable, use the normal chankast version!
plasma sword - no vga support
spawn - runs fast in menu, then you can't proceed when you enter arcade mode, demo mode works though. Use capcom version of chankast!
matt hoffman's pro bmx - hangs at the mpegsofdec movie
vigilante 8 2nd offense - huge graphical problems, so not playable, use the normal chankast version!
mtv skateboarding - no vga support
sega smash pack - boots fine, all games crash the emu, sega swirl and virtua cop 2 gives mmu not supported (wince games), use normal chankast version!
nhl 2k2 - shows a black screen
mars matrix - crashed the emu, use capcom chankast
armada - mmu not supported
pod speedzone - shows all logo screens then crashes the emu
giga wing - shows capcom logo then only black screen, use capcom chankast version!
ecw anarchy rulz - shows intro movies then crashes the emu
elemental gimmick gear (e.g.g.) - black screen
the grinch - sound doesnt work, some graphics errors, but very playable

pics in my next post

Last edited:

R00ster

Does anone have the game d2 (survivalHorror)?
I wonder if it works with chanka.
I would buy it if it does.
It was one of the first dc games i think and had 4gd roms
4.jpg

jdsony

R00ster said:
Does anone have the game d2 (survivalHorror)?
I wonder if it works with chanka.
I would buy it if it does.
It was one of the first dc games i think and had 4gd roms
4.jpg

No idea if it works but the bought version won't work for sure. PC CD-ROMS won't read original DC GD-ROMS.

OP
Stezo2k

Stezo2k

S-2K
lenselijer said:
first batch of screens

How did you get that far with bleemcast mate? Mines the original, but i don't think its on a GD-ROM

i've tried ripping it with alcohol, but had the same effect as the original

spaffdog

sorry, DuDe, i think u misunderstood, check out my results from my test on page 8. i fully understand the fact it's alpha software, believe me i'm far from a noob as far as emulation is concerned. what i meant was.. why are there so many games that other people reported as wrking that simply won't wrk for me..... (again check my post on page 8)

plausable expalnataion being different regions, different selfboot methods, hell even different bootstraps (due to different rips echelon vs others etc etc)

i'm pretty confused as to why this is the case.... anyone else got any idea's?

edit...

i've tried in various systems i own, cd/dvd drive bares no effect on this.. guess my reasons above can be they only explanation for it.. doesn't matter. chankast still freaking rocks.

Last edited:

galning

Just gonna post this before I go to sleep

Shadowman
The graphics are fine, except for some minor glitches.
The game also seems a bit dark but I think this has more to do with the game than the emu. The cutscenes are also skipped instantly.
No sound, except for some ambient background effects.
The framerate is mostly at around 30 fps, higher in closed areas, and lower when there's much on the screen such as in the screenshot.

shadowman_dc

I can take some more screens if anyone is interested

This is my first post btw :)

steamover

Yeti & Snake Champion
Another game not listed:

Neon Genesis Evangelion - Ayanami Rei Ikusei Keikaku - Fully playable on new_gfx, only sprite transparency problems.

OP
Stezo2k

Stezo2k

S-2K
steamover said:
Another game not listed:

Neon Genesis Evangelion - Ayanami Rei Ikusei Keikaku - Fully playable on new_gfx, only sprite transparency problems.

nice screenshot mate, graphics look really nice, will add that now, cheers

MurrMurr

I have just downloaded this, not tried it yet, but I have a large-ish collection of selfbooting dc games and will post something maybe soon. Great work, whoever made this!

Ex0skelet0r

Unreal Assasin
You havent in the list the super game...DRILLER :D
with the standard version the menu is not showing ok but ingame the game is fully playable.with the new gfx version you can see more on the menus but ingame you see a black screen.
my system is: pentium 4 1500Mhz, 512mb ram, radeon 9600pro

Last edited: