What's new

Chanka Compatability List

mezkal

Man on a mission
Sultan I would recommend that you try changing your region first (either by hexediting the DC BIOS ) or by using the convinient Chankast Utils interface (but DO NOT EVER run speedpig) available in the Sticky threads here. I noticed that when I switched to NTSC/US my copy of SC ran MUCH smoother with far fewer errors on screen. I think that Chankasts emulated framebuffer and consequent refresh rate/pixel redraw can be affected by this region setting. IE NTSC/JP/US - 60Frames/sec PAL/EU/AU - 50Frames/sec. Maybe I'm way off here but my results seem to match my theory. (Don't they all?! LOL)

Cheers,

Mezkal

rcgamer

the old guy
blue submarine no6: time and tide seems to work well. this is a japanese game based off an anime series. maybe slight graphics errors. didnt check it to far sooooo.

mezkal

Man on a mission
rcgamer said:
blue submarine no6: time and tide seems to work well. this is a japanese game based off an anime series. maybe slight graphics errors. didnt check it to far sooooo.

Wow! That's a rare title....Nice anime tho :) It looks....right.....

I'm more and more impressed by this emu everyday :)

rcgamer

the old guy
heres another one to add to the list. fur fighters . it boots up fine but there are many graphic glitches.

neopb19

Ecco the Dolphin

Does Anyone knows how to start <b>Ecco The Dolphin</b> ? I have good ISO , Selfboot version with 2 sessions recorded and when I want to start game with chankast, it is boot audio cd bios version with 2 tracks to select and play... :( ...

please, help me/Us... :)

greetings/neopb19

Drunkard

neopb19, I have the same problem too ive burned 2 coasters so far i just think its a bad iso, if you got it from the same place as i did ;)

it wont even work in the dc..

PS: it might have been better to start a thread and ask elsewhere than on this thread.

rcgamer

the old guy
another game, silver. boots and plays for a while. graphics crash but sound continues. looks very nice(at least until it crashes). heres a screen. i only tested with original chankast . ill test with the other two in a sec.

/edit/ yeah, it crashes on all versions.

Last edited:

Waan2k

Emutalk Lover :)
Few Screens of Dave Mirra BMX :)

Dave Mirra runs quite well with sound, but ingame the sound stops for me.

Waan2k

Emutalk Lover :)
Here's Revolt :)

notes: the game runs ok,no sound in game, and there are quite a few bugs as you can see.

Last edited:
OP
Stezo2k

Stezo2k

S-2K
thanks guys, will be a lot of work remaking the list when 0.2 comes out :)

Oh well, can't wait to test it heh. Working games in 0.1 will not be removed, if a game only plays in 0.1, it will be stated when observation is made.

Games in the unplayable section, I will probably delete them, and readd them once they have been tested, either that or I will keep them in that section until they have been tested in 0.2

cheers guys

ray16

The Grand Potatomaster
It's cool that Soul Caliber works now, but is the character select screen totally black for anybody else? I have to blindly pick a character but it works great in-game.

Klesk24

Apparently, DOA2 LE still isn't working... gets past the sega screen and then freezes. tried both versions, old and new gfx... anyone get different results?

Other than that, Marvel vs. Capcom 2 , project justice, and soul calibur all play fast and smooth till the end with no crashes. probably wanna use the old gfx version with mvc2 cuz I did get slow-downs during gameplay....

edit:

graphics were cleaned up to near perfect in mvc2, some clipping remains in project justice, and graphical glitches in soul calibur still remain. All except mvc2 run faster with the new gfx version.

Last edited: