What's new

Chanka Compatability List

yop

Mad Programmer
Zell said:
Wetric Plus: hangs at sega screen (thx yop)

Meh, just wanted to say I've already mentioned it and mispelling the name of such a divine game could be dangerous (Wetrix it is)

sorry about the mispelling
I corrected it in my post
hope someone will change it in the 1st page list:party:

OP
Stezo2k

Stezo2k

S-2K
yop said:
sorry about the mispelling
I corrected it in my post
hope someone will change it in the 1st page list:party:

done, cheers for the heads up

keep up the game testing, can't wait to test version 0.2, hopefully we should see a lot more games in the playable list ;)

gcnfan

This is my list:

Ikaruga - Works. Didn't exp. any crashes so far.
Gundam: Renpou vs. Zeon DX - Works. Crashes after completing 1 or 2 missions.
Sonic Adventure - Works. Crashes after 1st level.
Sonic Adventure 2 - Works. Crashes after 1st level also.
Soul Calibur - AV Cable Error crap.

Aks

Just adding more I didnt see in the list

Dance Dance Revolution - 2nd mix - AV Cable
Disney Magical Racing - Loads fine, runs well, io error when starting a new game
J-League Spectacle Soccer - Runs really really fast in the menu 175fps, sound is good, when a match starts the game runs at normal speed and it's basically fully playable
Jimmy Whites Cue Ball - mmu not supported
NFL Blitz 2001 - weird green screen after bios/sega logo
Simpsons Quake - AV Cable(had to try)
South Park Rally - AV Cable
South Park Chef's Love Shack - mmu not supported
Toy Story 2 - Black Screen on boot(chanka then closes)
Tetris 4D - game loads, plays intro movie, then freezes before you can start a game.
Toy Commander - audio cd menu
Xploder - Freezes on boot

yop

Mad Programmer
Tokyo Bus Guide - Beauty Guide Attendance Pack, works great ( addon for tokyo bus guide )

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
infinity-dc said:
Your a damn idiot....DC disks are 1gb, stuff must be ripped, and Shenmue 2 and Skies Of Arcadia are the most skillful rips ever for DC.

Not to mention they did first self boot games..made tutorial for selfboot...first rips with CDDA...and released like 90% of all DC games.

I'd quit with the insults if I were you..

Waan2k

Emutalk Lover :)
I've been trying to get Street Fight Double impact to work it get's to the capcom logo and then crashes after

can add that to list if ya like Stezo2k :)

achiles

Sonic adventure 2 gives me random crashes (off course I know it is normal) but I got some screenies off of it anyways. lol :).

mezkal

Man on a mission
cooliscool said:
I'd quit with the insults if I were you..

Cooliscool, inifinity-dc may have been insulting but then what abt HeadShotter? He totally insulted the BEST DC release group ever. I'm not into warez so don't start waving the red flag at me just yet. Without hacker crew like Dextrose and Echelon I think DC emulation would be quite a bit further back in terms of development. It all basically started with understanding DC GD-ROM format and then exploded from there........

Secondly unless you have a GDROM in your PC (I had a DC dev kit for a while neener neener :p ) I fail to see how you'll avoid Echelon's releases....LOL. So instead of hammering other users for posting opinions backed up by facts, why not just ignore them?

To be honest, Headshotter's comment was ignorant and only serves to show that he is just 'another user' who reads web reviews of warez product. I would think he would be more likely to warez the DC to death than a true fan like myself or infinity-dc ( and, no, I have no idea who infinity-dc is, nor am I his friend, I'm just a guy with another opinion)

Cheers

Mezkal

MurrMurr

Fighting Vipers 2 shot for you.

fvipers.jpg

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
mezkal said:
Cooliscool, inifinity-dc may have been insulting but then what abt HeadShotter? He totally insulted the BEST DC release group ever. I'm not into warez so don't start waving the red flag at me just yet. Without hacker crew like Dextrose and Echelon I think DC emulation would be quite a bit further back in terms of development. It all basically started with understanding DC GD-ROM format and then exploded from there........

Secondly unless you have a GDROM in your PC (I had a DC dev kit for a while neener neener :p ) I fail to see how you'll avoid Echelon's releases....LOL. So instead of hammering other users for posting opinions backed up by facts, why not just ignore them?

To be honest, Headshotter's comment was ignorant and only serves to show that he is just 'another user' who reads web reviews of warez product. I would think he would be more likely to warez the DC to death than a true fan like myself or infinity-dc ( and, no, I have no idea who infinity-dc is, nor am I his friend, I'm just a guy with another opinion)

Cheers

Mezkal

I agree that Echelon is an awesome group of people and without their efforts, dreamcast emulation probably wouldn't exist. But calling someone a dumbass over their opinion is something totally different. Infinity-dc could have simply stated (as you did) Echelon's work without adding the "dumbass" part. Anyway, lets not make it a big issue. Echelon f'ing kicks ass, and infinity-dc doesn't need to call people names. :p

mezkal

Man on a mission
two points

1. Zelda Windwaker can suck my stinky nutsaq - Why? Coz it was quite possibly THE worst game I've ever played - even worse than Viewtiful Joe (and it seems another stinky sequel will follow - GC owners scare me :p) and All the Bond games combined (excepting of course Goldeneye and Everything or Nothing)

2. Cooliscool - AGREED :)

duk

Hello people , i'm new fan of chankast and i have some screenshots :bouncy:

# Cool Boarders Burrrn!

# Guilty Gear X

infinity-dc

Btw, regular CD drives can read DC disks. Theres a not so well known method using a fake TOC to trick the drive, then hotswapping to then DC disk. The tutorial is out there somewhere, and you can rip original games using it.

OP
Stezo2k

Stezo2k

S-2K
duk said:
Hello people , i'm new fan of chankast and i have some screenshots :bouncy:

# Cool Boarders Burrrn!

# Guilty Gear X

how well does cool boarders run? is it fully playable, would like to make sure its in the right section of the list, cheers mate

Hero

GeForce 2 mx

I have GeForce 2 mx as my video card with Pentium 4, using win xp, I was wondering if my video card is not good enough to play? I know mvsc2 and powerstone works but I can't seem to get it to work on my pc.

edit: I forgot to ask too, does anyone know what's the latest drivers that are needed for chanka?

Last edited:

Aks

I just want to confirm that tennis 2k2 echelon boots to a black screen, so we can clear up the not sure on that one

OP
Stezo2k

Stezo2k

S-2K
Hero said:
I have GeForce 2 mx as my video card with Pentium 4, using win xp, I was wondering if my video card is not good enough to play? I know mvsc2 and powerstone works but I can't seem to get it to work on my pc.

edit: I forgot to ask too, does anyone know what's the latest drivers that are needed for chanka?

any geforce above geforce 2 i'd say would work with it, so it shouldn't have any problems, just download the latest drivers from www.nvidia.com

enjoy mate