What's new

Chanka Compatability List

rcgamer

the old guy
are there any shots of other games besides shemmue ? so far that is the only one ive seen shots for from the new beta.

yop

Mad Programmer
hello,
Here is a game not listed :

Capcom Vs. SNK PRO (not the CVS 1 normal, this one is better )

these game has perfect graphics, but there is one problem, as you can see in the attached pictures, the game does not go over 3FPS max.:down:
at these speed, iIt took me about 10 REAL minutes to see a fight.

Last edited:

Mic431

I put a game in my CD-rom, put the destination drive to the CD Rom, and none fo my DC games work, it goes straight to the Audio CD Screen. What did I do wrong? I put in the BIOS and the flash and everything right.

W.Smithers

Virtua Tennis 2

Was it confirmed what was used to get Virtua Tennis 2 to work? Mine freezes on a black screen, i'm thinking it's a problem with the release I have which is an .nrg file.

Cheers,
W.S

yop

Mad Programmer
Here is another game not listed :

Dangerous toys, Black screen refreshed at a hight framerate

Last edited:
OP
Stezo2k

Stezo2k

S-2K
yop said:
Here is another game not listed :

Dangerous toys, the game runs fast :p , but with the three versions of chankast it's the same black screen

have you tried wireframe? you might be able to see something if the game is working, like you said

yop

Mad Programmer
Stezo2k said:
have you tried wireframe? you might be able to see something if the game is working, like you said

is there a wireframe mode in chankast alpha? where ?:party:

yop

Mad Programmer
Stezo2k said:
yes, there is mate, hold the "W" key

enjoy :)

So COOL wireframe :party:
I can't see nothing in Dangerous toys with these function, but in others games It works.

ps: is there another hidden features like these one?

yop

Mad Programmer
here are some screenshots of
Coaster Works
works great, except when creating the coaster, cameras are overriding (as you can see in the 2nd attached picture )

ps: my speed in the third picture is great : -9MPH

lenselijer

W.Smithers said:
Was it confirmed what was used to get Virtua Tennis 2 to work? Mine freezes on a black screen, i'm thinking it's a problem with the release I have which is an .nrg file.

Cheers,
W.S

it's most likely that you got the echelon version of the game, and that has an intro attached which chankast does not support yet.

I have this intro-problem with more games, hope the new chankast will emulate the echelon intro properly...

reggert23

Found this on a site, which i won't put the link for.
Don't know if it helps for chanka, but maybe it's worth a try.

Some people may wish to remove the Echelon intro for one reason or another, a major one being that the intro sometimes screws up the sound/music initialization in their rip of Unreal Tournament (making it emit a nasty screeching sound until a game is started).
(Following example applies to DOA2LE. You can use a similar method for the other games, but the file size will be different.)

1. Extract the 1ST_READ.BIN file from the CDI or your CD.
2. Fire up your hex-editor (I like HEdit or Hex Workshop) and open 1ST_READ.BIN, go to offset 0xF0000 and copy the Hex all the way to 983040 (the end).
3. Make a new file 1929928 bytes large, and paste the contents of the clipboard into it.
4. Save the file, and place it into a directory (ie, C:\SELFBOOTDOA2LE), and extract the data from the CD or the CDI file into that directory as well. Now just follow ECHELON's self-boot tutorial and re-image the CD.

yop

Mad Programmer
Here is another game non listed :

TDC Final, ( Compilation disc with fighting games ) hangs at sega screen

yop

Mad Programmer
Here is another game non listed :

90 Minutes Sega Championship Football, black screen :bye3:

Trotterwatch

DoomDC works :) You have to extract the files using Winiso, descramble the 1st_read.bin file, then rebuild the iso using mkisofs isoname.iso isoname (replace with name of iso you wish to generate and the name of the folder the files are in).

Then load Chanka with the command line: chanka_alpha -file isoname.iso

This can be used to load in a few homebrew apps that would otherwise fail to load.

So DoomDC should go under partially working IMO, it runs fast but has a refresh rate issue for me on all 3 versions.