What's new

Question about ATI Rage 128 Pro

W|kedK|own

Quick question: On my comp I have a Rage 128 Pro II, 16 meg regular mem and 32 meg texture mem.
My question is, does this card blow for emulation? I use Jaboo D3D6 1.5 and most of the time it works great, but on games like Paper Mario the sprites will turn a silver/grey color and some of the backgrounds will be white instead of the normal color. If I switch between full screen and window it usually fixes it, but just wanted to know if there is a better GPU I could use or if my card just totally blows chewy chunks?
I've tried RiceVideo and it makes it worse.
:king:

Clements

Yep, Rage Pro cards are among the worst possible graphics cards money can buy :D

Games are often full of glitches with one. With Jabo's plugin, it's below the minimum requirements. The very best option is to upgrade the card to a GeForce 3/Radeon 8500+ which will support everything in Jabo's plugin.

However, you can salvage a lot of the image quality by using Glide64 and a wrapper (such as eVoodoo or Hacktarux' wrapper) although it will be slower. You can find most of this stuff in the forum's download section and using the search.