What's new

Sound disappears :(

Marc108

Hey all,

Newbie in this forum and to n64 emulation. Seem to be running pj64 no probs! All roms work perfectly.

However, after running some games (namely zelda oot) the sound will just go away :( at different times (today it ran with great sound for well over an hour and then the sound was gone!). If I reset pj64 the sound comes back. Only problem is that the sound will not return in my saved game (I would hate to have to restart the game and work all the way up to where I am again, just to regain the sound). I would really suck to play games when I can't hear the :music: and sfx! Any additional info you need I will give...

Any suggestions? TIA!

My Specs:

XP Pro.
AMD Athlon T-Bird 1ghz
256 PC133 RAM
20GB HD
FIC SD11 MoBo
Sound Blaster 5.1 Gamer

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Is sync sound enabled? Are you using Jabo's DirectSound plugin? Is it a good rom? Check the newbie faq if you don't know how to check this.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Doomulation said:
Is sync sound enabled? Are you using Jabo's DirectSound plugin? Is it a good rom? Check the newbie faq if you don't know how to check this.

comeon, comeon, this is a (very) Known Issue

OP
M

Marc108

Yes I am using Jabo's plugin, yes Sync audio is selected.. If it is a known issue, where can I find some information about it? On your site, smiff? Or is it located elsewhere?

Lantorax

First off-
win98se
pj64 1.3
jabo's 1.3 gfx plugin
n-rage's input plugin
sound plugin- see below

I'm not sure but if he is having the same problem I have had twice- I don't believe it's in your known issues or anywhere else. I found this thread when I had something like the problem he has. What happened is running zelda1&2 sound is fine, great, exceptional, everything is running perfect, run along, fall into a pit, hit F7 and all of the sudden there's no sound. Load any OTHER saved game, or start a new one and you have sound, but not the quicksave (the only time its bugged has been quicksaves because I don't really use any others :) I've run some tests but I still am not sure what did it. First time uninstalled the plugins, the whole program (using reg files and deleting everything but the save), manually did the last steps, went from dx8 to dx8.1, copied over all of 1964's plugins for sound, played with them all... and suddenly, sound was back, even usin Jabo's plugin. Never was sure what did it, and I still don't, but i do know what plugin it came back on this time (excited last time and I didnt pay attention). Wound up using RSP (not HLE) azimers .30 (new driver revision 2.2) worked. It might help, but being our system differences (santa cruz vs. soundblaster) there's no guarantee... and no guarantee anything I did this time (just playing with plugins this time mind you, trying all RSP and HLE ones with all options) before I got to azimers did anything at all... that confirmation would have to come from the coder gods.

BTW, important note- sound didnt come back until I played with the plugin some- the .21 sound style doesnt seem to work and is on by default, I keep sync and pause sound when emulator pauses on only, default buffer.

Lantorax

Last edited:

Eagle

aka Alshain
Ummm, yes, it is in the known issues. Its been their for a long time. It doesn't happen with natural N64 save games, only save states.

Lantorax

OK, I figured it was tied into that little thing I read about sometimes quicksaves not working properly, but I didn't see it stated anywhere.

Lantorax