What's new

Howto run CD iso's on girigirir-gav-lite emulator

zman

Sega Saturn Howto run CD iso on girigirir-gav-lite emulator…

1. Rename a bios file to bios.bin and put in the directory. I used the Europe/USA bios and not the Japenese one. As I found Japenese bios seems to have regional issues.
2. Take the iso + mp3 file and convert the mp3 to wave.
3. Rename the files to a simple one word name.
4. Use segacuemaker to make a *.cue file with the iso + wave files. Do this by command prompt. “segacuemaker filename.iso”
5. Use Alcohol 120% and load the *.cue file onto the virtual drive.
6. Use cdrwin and convert the file to a *.bin + *.cue file off of the virtual drive cd image. Do this by clicking on the extract disk/tracks/sectors part. Change the cd drive to the virtual one so the disk is loaded. Select a image file name with directory. Leave all other settings on the default selections and hit start. The color combo box will verify how many tracks there are and what kind. Besure to write over the *.cue file created by segacuemaker with the one made by cdrwin.
7. Copy the *.bin + *.cue file to the girigiri emulator directory.
8. Use gentoc to creat the toc.bin file. Do this by command prompt. “gentoc –b filename.cue”
9. Use loader.exe to find what the cd region is. Do this by clicking on the cue + bin/iso info button on emu tools section. This will tell you the region. Use the readme file to correspond region numbers ex. 1 – Japenese 4 – USA 12 – Europe. Open the file [ base.ini ] and change the region number to the correct one.
10. Use glauncher if it is the first time to set the controls. Otherwise use the command prompt and type “gsaturn –i” to launch the emulator.
11. It is import that the region number is correct in base.ini and the toc.bin file was created correctly.
12. If the iso had no mp3 or wave file for sound when the .bin/.cue was made the file will most likely not work on the emulator.
13. Alcohol 120% is only needed for the cdrwin part.

Zelgadis411

Question Zman:

In the step when you just used segacuemaker to create the new cue file, it should use the wave file and not the mp3 file, right? The program doesn't let me create a cue file unless I have an MP3 file. Do I create the file anyways using the MP3?

If so, Alcohol 120% (Trial version) does not support MP3 format, so I cannot mount the image. Is there something I am missing here?

Thanks in advance for any answers that could help.

Zelgadis411

Got it working, however after following your faq, I get an error when it tries to make the toc.bin file. Any idea why this might happen?

OP
Z

zman

Just a clarification for segacuemaker...This program is unable to handle the *.mp3 format so converting to *.wav is needed. However, I do recall some games I received that had a *.cue included in the *.rar image that did contain the *.iso + *.mp3 format. So in reality you do not need to convert the files as long as a virtual drive can make and read a *.cue file in the *.iso + *.mp3 format. This all leads to using cdrwin as the converter. To convert the virtual cd on to a *.bin/*.cue file which girigiri handles well with MiC's Loader.

For the toc.bin, just delete the existing toc.bin before the new one is made.

Using Mic's Loader will make things run smooth also if your having trouble getting the *.bin/*.cue to run in command line mode.

Remember region is important in the command line but using the loader you can check the auto choose region option.

Lastly if you can not get Alcohol120% to work for you as the virtual drive, try something else. Daemon's Tools work and there are others out there.