What's new

zelda: models and textures

Fong Sai Yuk

my problem is that the plugins for extracting models and textures out of n64 games won't work. no matter what i do, the emulators are crashing all the time i try to extract models/textures.
im specially interessted in models/textures for zelda. so i've got an suggestion:

send me all the models and textures out of zelda you have and i'll put them on a site in exchange, so everyone will be able to use them :)

thanks alot, fsy

Last edited:

Chibi Nick

Emutalk Member
It's a request, not a suggestion.

It's too much work for the models. Nintendo 64 models/textures are really of no use on a computer. The models are too low poly and are animated funkily (they have no joints, as in they have a forearm as one object and then the upper arm as another object (at least it's this way in Zelda)). Any person that wants to make a game can get a modeller to make a Link model easily... hell I made a pretty nice one a while back (with no texture though).

My point - Don't use their models for games, also the models ARE copyrighted works and you are not legally allowed to use/distribute them.

OP
F

Fong Sai Yuk

don't worry, i don't want to put them in a game, it would be just for playing around a little in 3ds max.. smoothing the models,replace the textures, add some lens flare and watereffects etc ^_^

OP
F

Fong Sai Yuk

sorry, doubblepost:

a model of link? sounds cool :D can you post some pics? i've only got a model of the mastersword...

steelaxen

By the way chibi nick, (I don't understand why you show such a negative opposition towards model ripping when TR64 is MADE to rip them, especially in the forum made for TR64...) maybe somebody wants the REAL models to preserve the original graphics (maybe for a zelda fansite?) and not just make an "approximate assimile" to the models. I would really like to know HOW TR64 is supposed to be used, actually. And no, you can't "already know" and nobody can just be a "noob" because this plugin was made by a freelance programmer and it includes no documentation... Seriously, I really want to know how this plugin is exactly supposed to be used. AND NOBODY IS EVEN TELLING ME THEY ARE LAZY OR STUPID, THEY'RE JUST IGNORING ME COMPLETELY! Am I in a dead area of this forum? Or is this whole forum dead? I see people logged in all the time, but nobody is even giving my post a second look. I mean, I hope this isn't just another immature community based on "admins are gods" or whatever. I mean, I was hoping this was an actual mature, quality community where you can get real answers and a friendly approach... Seriously, just because I'm not "1337" or have posted 1,000,000 times, doesn't mean I'm any less important than anybody else... Especially in a semi-public place.

freaky_gl

steelaxen said:
By the way chibi nick, (I don't understand why you show such a negative opposition towards model ripping when TR64 is MADE to rip them, especially in the forum made for TR64...) maybe somebody wants the REAL models to preserve the original graphics (maybe for a zelda fansite?) and not just make an "approximate assimile" to the models. I would really like to know HOW TR64 is supposed to be used, actually. And no, you can't "already know" and nobody can just be a "noob" because this plugin was made by a freelance programmer and it includes no documentation... Seriously, I really want to know how this plugin is exactly supposed to be used. AND NOBODY IS EVEN TELLING ME THEY ARE LAZY OR STUPID, THEY'RE JUST IGNORING ME COMPLETELY! Am I in a dead area of this forum? Or is this whole forum dead? I see people logged in all the time, but nobody is even giving my post a second look. I mean, I hope this isn't just another immature community based on "admins are gods" or whatever. I mean, I was hoping this was an actual mature, quality community where you can get real answers and a friendly approach... Seriously, just because I'm not "1337" or have posted 1,000,000 times, doesn't mean I'm any less important than anybody else... Especially in a semi-public place.

I don't want to be an asshole, but I totally agree on this.