What's new

Rice Video 5.6.0 OS X Port

rpg

Hey Gerrit, Rice released what he thinks will be his last plugin for N64 emus. This is THE premier plugin. Superb visuals, amazing graphic support, and now its OPEN SOURCE!!! Any chance of a port to OS X for use with 64ce? Should be pretty easy as it's built upon C and OpenGL. Plus, this includes the kick as hq2/4x texture filtering!

blight

but it is GPL so there can no logo be added which you have to pay for to be removed (there could but it wouldnt make much sense)

OP
R

rpg

blight said:
but it is GPL so there can no logo be added which you have to pay for to be removed (there could but it wouldnt make much sense)

Actually, as long as the plugin is released as a separate download and not bundles with 64ce, it should be fine. Gerrit can keep his logo, and we can have a big boost in graphical compatibility.

HippyShoes

rpg said:
Gerrit can keep his logo, and we can have a big boost in graphical compatibility.

While I agree rice's plugin would boost graphic compatibility some, I don't think it'd help much with game compatibility would it? I imagine it's 64ce itself which is stopping us from playing a lot of games currently? Hopefully there will be a new version soon that'll deal with that?

We must be due for one?

HS