What's new

1964 latest version, same probs

grindking

Ok, I have a typical sys. ghz/gf2mx/512mb latest nvidia drivers..

i've tried multiple plugins, d3d6, d3d7, and even the old opengl version, yet whenever i try to load ANY game, it loads the rom completely, goes to a black screen, and then the program hangs..

i've read quite a few different faqs and even made sure i looked through this forum so i could see if anyone had anything similar..

what i do know is project 64 will run MOST of my games with ALL those plugins i just listed, but i want to use 1964 since it's going to still be updated and pj64 is done..

can anyone help me? sorry for the long post but i just wanted to be as specific as possible.

OP
G

grindking

yeah, when i listed the d3d plugins i should have said:

jabo's d3d6 1.30 plugin
jabo's d3d6 1.40 plugin
jabo's d3d7 1.40 plugin
jabo's nvidia opengl 0.73

i wont list the sound plugins or input plugins since those along with jabo's d3d plugins all work flawlessly in project64..

i just want to be able to run 1964, because i've heard better things about it, and it's going to be more compatible as more and more updates are relased.. :(

what should i do?

schibo

Emulator Developer
Make sure ya have DirectX8.1 and do _not_ use Jabo's DirectSound audio plugin. It does not work in 1964. If that doesn't help, we're still here..

OP
G

grindking

Well I did get it to run.. thanks for the help, now does anyone have scratchy sound with these plugins?? I haven't played with them very much, but I have a standard sblive value.. which probably is more common than any other soundcard, so I'm sure some others have had this problem with these audio plugins.. Also I'll have to find out why i get random crashing..

ComanderBlair

i bet my a$$, that u are using the jabo sound plugin. this one mostly don't run with 1964.

use the Azimer sound plugins instead, and there you should go :)

signed,

ComanderBlair

OP
G

grindking

ok i got it to run the best that it's going to..

im using azimer's 0.40 beta2.. thanks for the help..

crhylove

Banned
you need to alternate sound plugins.

many games work better with the old azimer plugin 3.0 rev 2.2, and even a few need the old 3.0 not rev 2.2... you should see sk8bloke's compat list in one of the sticky threads.

he gives you the best settings/config for each game, that i have seen.

rhy
:1964: