What's new

Chanka, a new DC emulator

rcgamer

the old guy
its a file you need to run the emulator. thats all we need to know.

BTW you guys might want to get each version of the emulator(there are 3). some games run better on different versions.

rcgamer

the old guy
here is another pic from super streetfighter 2x. runs fine even on my 1800+ , so does the other game i posted a pic of.

XS Guile

Tireur d'élite
hop a little edit thx for all guy now i could try it maybe i ll post screenshot later

Last edited:

Stezo2k

S-2K
XS Guile said:
Ok then, as I don t have the stuff needed to get the bios from my own dreamcast I want to know if it s legal to ask someone to send me the bios (it s the same than in my DC no?)
Please answer my question I want to test this new emu!

its probably not legal to use somebody else's bios, but as long as you own a DC I wouldn't let it bother you, PM sent btw :cool:

dreamer

ah yes this (getting my/a bios) will probably be a problem for me aswell :(
i don't have a bb adaptor, does that mean i'm screwed with dc emulation?
its all a shame because i do have the console and game i want to try anyway (soa, dammit)!

Stezo2k

S-2K
dreamer said:
ah yes this (getting my/a bios) will probably be a problem for me aswell :(
i don't have a bb adaptor, does that mean i'm screwed with dc emulation?
its all a shame because i do have the console and game i want to try anyway (soa, dammit)!

not really, you can use backups, ISOS etc if you look in the right place mate :)

Flash

Technomage
Hexidecimal said:
Hrmm, I got the emulator, and a BIOS file named IP.bin at 32 kb. After I rename it to DC_Bios.bin so chanka recognizes it, but in MVC2 and select my drive, I hit Init to start it up, and the program does nothing but start consuming memory, am I doing something wrong?
DC BIOS must me 2Mb

dc_bios bin 2 097 152 bytes 89f2b1a1

Stezo2k

S-2K
Trotterwatch said:
Not sure where my other message went...

Stezo2k, could you stop hinting at obtaining illegal things.

sorry mate, i was just saying he can use back ups if he wishes.

Providing he has the game, if not, well he may be taking a risk, mind you, downloading a DC bios which isn't your own is illegal anyway