What's new

Chanka, a new DC emulator

OP
PsyMan

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Emm... I don't know how to say this, but there seem to be severe GFX problems in some games with Nvidia cards (GeForces only, TNTs work fine). Plus, running games from a boot disk is not supported (only selfbootable games run). The authors are trying to fix these problems before the release date (tommorow) but they may not make it on time , in that case these problems will probably be fixed on the next release.

revl8er

That Damn Good
This emulator is gonna rock, I think i'm gonna have to buy some used dreamcast games to play on this emulator if it works great. I especially wanna try out Marvel vs Capcom 2 because I haven't had a chance to really play the game.

JasonXT

Banned
Oh my god, this is so cool! It's been so long since the dc first came out (6 years), and now we're finally getting a good emu to play with! This is going to be great playing Sonic Adventure on the pc, with the original sonic model.
Oh man! That coaster works video looks great! Although a little suspicious :unsure:

Stezo2k

S-2K
JasonXT said:
Oh my god, this is so cool! It's been so long since the dc first came out (6 years)

actually, its 5 years mate.... september 9th '99 i'm pretty sure it was in the USA, 2000 in the UK i think, if so its only 4 years here in the UK

dreamer

This emulator is gonna rock, I think i'm gonna have to buy some used dreamcast games to play on this emulator if it works great.

i would love to try some of my old dreamcast games, but i don't know how to :(
i did ask on the DCemu site but they only told me off about it and to go look on google. which i did for hours and only found out dodgy prgrams which claim to burn all kinds of games, dvds and of course dc games, however i can't imagine it works if the drive cannot read the disk. i heard of a similar rumor about using a bb adaptor similar to the GC way of extracting data from cds, thus using the original dc as a drive. this is fine but i cant find a guide anywhere on how to do this in detail. i'm hoping you guys can help me more as you understand im not asking for illegal copies of roms, i want to try sonic adventure, grandia 2 and skies of arcadia (my own copies), i can't actually play them easily as i have no room for a TV in my bedroom. and about the graphics cards which lack compatibility - how will my video card do (considering it is nvidia)

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 with AGP8X
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce4 Ti 4200 with AGP8X
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

i have a relatively fast processor but that wont help if the card is unsupported! any comments?

xdaniel_FWB

Living RCP Hungup
nice to see it released... but my CPU doesn't support SSE and i'm also unable to dump my DC's BIOS >_<" Ahh, well... i need to upgrade my PC anyway...
What CPUs support SSE again? Intel's P3 and higher as well as AMD's Athlon XP and higher, right?

Flash

Technomage
xdaniel_FWB said:
nice to see it released... but my CPU doesn't support SSE and i'm also unable to dump my DC's BIOS >_<" Ahh, well... i need to upgrade my PC anyway...
What CPUs support SSE again? Intel's P3 and higher as well as AMD's Athlon XP and higher, right?
Right.

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Heh, the exact same game I've been playing in the last hour :)

The speed is very nice, I average at about 30 to 40 FPS on Ikaruga on my 2600+, I'm very impressed.

XS Guile

Tireur d'élite
A little Problem here

I know it s bad to ask for bios and stuff but I won t do that, I juste want to know what should be the size of dc_flash.bin and dc_bios.bin?
I have my own dreamcast with real games (no copies) and I can t backup my bios cause I havn t all the stuff needed for... :ermm:
So I will look for the bios on the net but I need the size information please :cry:
TIA

PS: If I say something bad please delete my post

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Hrmm, I got the emulator, and a BIOS file named IP.bin at 32 kb. After I rename it to DC_Bios.bin so chanka recognizes it, but in MVC2 and select my drive, I hit Init to start it up, and the program does nothing but start consuming memory, am I doing something wrong?

rcgamer

the old guy
Hexidecimal said:
Hrmm, I got the emulator, and a BIOS file named IP.bin at 32 kb. After I rename it to DC_Bios.bin so chanka recognizes it, but in MVC2 and select my drive, I hit Init to start it up, and the program does nothing but start consuming memory, am I doing something wrong?

you need the two files dc_bios.bin and dc_flash.bin. and they cant be renamed from the other bios.