What's new

Burning or convert MAC .toast to ISO/BIN in Windows?

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Are either of these possible?

I have several .toast files I need to burn or make into ISO or BIN format. I don't think I can burn these from BasiliskII?

Any insight would be helpful. I don't have access to a MAC so I might be out of luck.

OP
L

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
thanks, lol, that's actually what the .toast files I have are going to be used with if I can figure this out.

So far it seems I am out of luck. The .toast is supposedly quite different the ISO/BIN. Someone said they thought Alcohol 120% could burn them, but you must know the exact settings of the image, which I do not, so I am 3 coasters into testing, hehe.

If anyone thinks of something, please let me know.

rcgamer

the old guy
have you tried simply renaming the extension to iso then opening it with winiso or some other program.

Quvack

I've burnt .toast images with Nero before, just goto burn image and select the toast file (make it show by changing File Type to All Files *.*), it was a MacOS disc, ended up being bootable on the real hardware.

OP
L

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Rcgamer,

I have tried opening it in ISOBuster, but there did not appear to be any visible data, but it did give me a size reading. I assume this was because it's a MAC image?

Quvack,

I had not tried Nero yet. I may give that a go, CD's are cheap. Do you remember if there were any extra settings needed? And was the .toast from Titanium 6? I just wonder how old the .toast file was.

rcgamer

the old guy
have you tried mounting them with daemon tools and doing a 1:1 copy with your burning program.

rcgamer

the old guy
ok i tried something. i found a toast file and renamed the extension to iso then burned it with nero. just go to recorder -burn image in nero burning rom. if you have an older nero edition then it will be under file -burn image. and while windows couldnt read the disc i checked in nero under display disc information and it had it on the disc. apparently only mac os can read the disc. but it did burn.

OP
L

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Well thanks for going that far into looking at this.

I use Nero 6. I will try as soon as I can at home tonight to burn like you suggest. I made about 6 coasters so far from various programs that were "recommended" but had not tried Nero yet.

Hopefully if I get a good burn I can read it the disk with BasiliskII or see if it boots via PCPear. Of course I have to turn into a proper ISO for PCPear.

rcgamer

the old guy
well after you burn it windows will put it up as a blank disc. but the info is on it. just look through nero cd info. Im guessing that if you put it in a mac system that it would run fine. anyways , good luck , that basilisk emulator looks pretty cool.

isobuster opens the toast file fine for me..

Last edited:

cdpd

Toast images to PC based Cue Bin files

:bouncy: I downloaded several files that were "toast" files. Not having a Mac I researched and found the following that works. I used "UltraISO" to convert the toast files to Cue & Bin. Then I used Alcohol 120 to burn the cd. It works perfectly. It did not take long less than 15 minutes to complete the process.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
You do know that nero has an "image burner," right? It burns your contents directly to a nero image file. Those can be nounted with deamon tools later, too. Dunno about alcohol, I don't use that program.