What's new

Standard Keyboard/Mouse Setup

Boggy B

Hey all, i've been picking at this for some time now, so i thought i'd see if you guys could help out.

What i'm trying to do, is get a regular mouse/keyboard setup going for Goldeneye, and similar games using project 64.
"Regular" meaning, Mouse for pitch, turning and shooting. Keyboard for movement, using etc. Like most reasonably modern first-person shooters.

At the moment, using N-Rage's control plugin, i've essentually succeeded, but the mouse (Set to controlling the analogue stick) is moving to the extremes of the analogue stick even at the slightest movement, thus making the controls feel weird and accurate aiming almost impossible.

So what i need, is to be pointed in the direction to some (Preferably) Project 64 compatable control plug-ins, in which the mouse can be used in an analogue way.
Another thing that may work, is if i can set the mouse to act as a joystick, but still use the keyboard in the same control setup.

I'll write-up an explanation of my current setup on request, if nessessary.

Thanks a bundle.

BountyJedi

huh ive mananged to get it pretty fairly working using mouse and all that.
also one thing you might want to check is making a mcaro for config or wahtever it is well the thing that says invert mouse or something but it doesnt and set it to toggle aswell then.

then the mouse will work likie in most shooters the crosshair will stay were it is when you left it (in the normal setup of mouse it gets as if the analog stick resets to center after half a second moving the mouse)

also so you wont get fully figital up down dont use the standard bond key setup (in the game ont the controller plugin) use solitaire cause then all c buttons are walking and all analog stick is crosshair

OP
Boggy B

Boggy B

then the mouse will work likie in most shooters the crosshair will stay were it is when you left it (in the normal setup of mouse it gets as if the analog stick resets to center after half a second moving the mouse)
Nah, that isn't the problem, i've got that working, the problem is, that the camera moves the same speed reguardless of how fast you're physically moving the mouse. As if the analogue stick is being instantly pushed to it's extremes.

But yes, getting rid of that deadzone took me a while to figure out...

Last edited:
OP
Boggy B

Boggy B

Can that reduce the sensitivity of slow mouse movement, while leaving the quick movement as it is? Because i can't see how...

Last edited: