What's new

Any recent developments

bluef

<i><b><font color="#006633">Moderator</font></b></
It's a slow time for fake64 news as some of you have no doubt noticed.

I'm currently studying for exams which is eating up a lot of time.

HCl is in the same position as far as i know.

rs is currently having fun trying to upgrade glibc without rendering his system unusable :)

Once we're all done with school/college/university etc, we'll be back to development and you should probably see a new release pretty soon after.

We have a couple of cpu bugs to iron out and then some tlb things to finish off. Then we'll probably be seeing some stuff from mario64 and at that point we'll probably release a new version.

Here's a few features you can expect from the next version:

- Loads more demos work
- Mario64 probably doing something or other
- Debugging reorganised so you don't have to look at it
- Sprites working (2d ones at least)
- Filled, coloured and shaded triangles in the 3d department
- Maybe textures, depending on if i get round to it
- Ability to resize window to a size of your choice (including diff aspect ratios)
- Probably more helpful documentation (as opposed to none :)
- Counter factor added
- Other miscellaneous fixes, optimizations, reorganisations that you don't care about
- And runtime configuration now supported by most modules, not just input

Hope that's enough to keep you happy, remember, we're always looking for people to help debug :)

Bluef

Cyberman

rs is currently having fun trying to upgrade glibc without rendering his system unusable
heh.. yeah GLIBC is a tricky thing to upgrade.. I download a whole new file set and install fresh I've found that works pretty good to fix GLIBC problems.
Then I recompile a lot of stuff too :)

Hope that's enough to keep you happy, remember, we're always looking for people to help debug

I have a computer running linux Duron 800 with 768M Ram and a GeForce 3 card in it, I might be convinced to do some testing. :)

Cyb

bluef

We don't need testers, we need debuggers :)

Although obviously you're welcome to test it :)

Cyberman

bluef said:
We don't need testers, we need debuggers :)

Although obviously you're welcome to test it :)

Well Ok people who find bugs and swat them in the code is that what you mean?
A debugger I think of as something that disassembles code and steps through the instructions one at a time, assembly or high level :)

Perhaps I'm terminology challenged here? ;)

Cyb

bluef

Yes, that's exactly what i meant :)

If you're interested there are plenty of ways to contact us, either via the site, http://insomniac.ath.cx:81/~bluefyre/ or on efnet in #emulation64 and the like.

If you talk to us we'll set you up with cvs and help you get fake64 compiled and running and things and teach you what you need to know and the like.

Cyberman

bluef said:
Yes, that's exactly what i meant :)

If you're interested there are plenty of ways to contact us, either via the site, http://insomniac.ath.cx:81/~bluefyre/ or on efnet in #emulation64 and the like.

If you talk to us we'll set you up with cvs and help you get fake64 compiled and running and things and teach you what you need to know and the like.
Oh I suppose I can do that.. maybe I should pop on and scare people on #emulation64 ;)

Cyb