What's new

Emulator Guides at Emutastic

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
I have just completed the Gens Emulator Guide and you can Find it Here on Emutastic

You can also find many Other Guides Like:

Mame32 Emulator Guide Here
Virtual ColecoVision Emulator Guide Here
Project Tempest Emulator Guide Here
Project64 1.5 Emulator Guide Here
Jnes Emulator Guide Here
Hugo_Win Emulator Guide Here
FreezeSMS Emulator Guide Here
Snes9x Emulator Guide Here
ZSNES_Win Emulator Guide Here
Handy Emulator Guide Here

Also we have a Promising Section Here Including a Quick Look at FreeDO and Dolphin.

Last edited:

Talas

Son of the Sky
Hm... just looked through your guide, but I cant find any help for my problem. Whenever I switch to full screen my monitor makes a sound as if it changes the resolution (which is ok) but then switches back to windows and GENS runs in the background. Do you have any idea what to do? I have this problem ever since I upgraded my geforce 2 MX to geforce 4 ti 4200.

OP
Gent

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
I have Posted this over on Emutastic in the Gens Forum to the Gens section of the main Site.

If you sign up there you can see my reply and we can discuss this more as this is a News post section and not the correct place or section to continue this.

You can find the Thread Here once you have signed up.

Talas

Son of the Sky
Hi Gent,

ok, I signed up, but I get no e-mail from you. Why does it take that long?

As long as I dont have the mail: Clements, is it safe to deinstall that WinXP Hotfix? I mean, what was it for? Dont I have a security leak when I uninstall it?

Clements

It's pretty safe, especially if you have a firewall. It's just one hotfix, and if the fullscreen bug doesn't go away, then you can reinstall it no problem.

Talas

Son of the Sky
Hm... I dont use a firewall (somehow it always blocks some of my apps). I´ll try it then.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Geee, never EVER disable a firewall. And never EVER make sure you DON'T got one installed.
It is a must! If it blocks your apps, then it is poorly configurated.

Slougi

Doomulation said:
Geee, never EVER disable a firewall. And never EVER make sure you DON'T got one installed.
It is a must! If it blocks your apps, then it is poorly configurated.
Wow. I had trouble understanding the second sentence :)

Talas

Son of the Sky
Hm... but I tried at least half a dozen different Firewalls. And ALL of them block either Emule, FireFox or Trillian. If anyone of you has an idea, tell me.

Clements

I personally use Norton's Firewall. Everytime an application (of any kind) tries to connect or access the internet, it prompts you whether you want it to proceed. You can then select the 'allow connection on all ports' or words to that effect, and you can use the app. I have no problems using Firefox, Kazaa, eMule or any other app. The major problem with Norton Internet Security is that it costs £50. I'm sure there must be a free firewall out there that works just as well or better.

What would be ideal would be if someone picked up the Gens source up and fixed the problem there indeed of us having to use firewalls/change OS/leave the vulnerability there and risk it.

Talas

Son of the Sky
Zonealarm works in the same way as you described it. However, whenever I free all the apps I need it STILL wont work the way I want it. Ha well, maybe I´ll give it a try tomorrow, after all, Zone Alarm is being developed further and further.