What's new

Zelda - Best Quality

gandalf

Member ready to help
Emulating a console is very difficult,Dolphin autors make the "impossible" (xD) to make a nice emulator.At this moment,dolphin is only a teaser,it´s runs games very well to be an teaser,so,wait for a future release,it will be more compatible,better speed,or better graphics,you only wait.
The emu authors are human,remember that,they can not work in the emu 24 Hs a day.

If you understand spanish: una de las virtudes del hombre es esperar

Sry for the english

Huuf

Zelda fanatic
I'm going to test the Cluster PC within 24 hours, and i'll post the results here when i'm done (for the people that don't know what a Cluster PC is, it's a PC with all his resources shared. CPU, Memory, ...).

I also really want to see is a frame limiter, because with several games, and dolphin doesn't need to render allot, like a small room, the fps goes up to 150, and simple dialog scripts are arround 250 fps.

bohdy

Huuf said:
I'm going to test the Cluster PC within 24 hours, and i'll post the results here when i'm done (for the people that don't know what a Cluster PC is, it's a PC with all his resources shared. CPU, Memory, ...).

Will that actually help the framerate? I don't know too much about SMP systems but doesn't the software have to be specifically written to take advantage of the multiple processors?

legoman666

i used to have a dual AMD 2000+ system, and the only games that used the dual were games that were programmed too, which was close to none. So unless your cluster PC works differently than SMP, I dont think youll see any performance increase.

Huuf

Zelda fanatic
The cluster system sees the 2 cpu's as 1, it did go faster but only 1.5 fps so not YAAAAAY \o/ :p

OP
wo33er

wo33er

Wo33eR.CoM - Owner :P
I know that some say it wont triple.. some belive it will and i DEFO think it will, in the past a long time ago i remember reading alot saying 'Emulation of X-box and Gamecube is impossible and will not and IS not happening so give up'.. And now its being emulated for the PC... And then theres a teaser which is amazing (and is just a TEASER !)... Possibility to tripple it ???.

DAM RIGHT !. Corse they can tripple it, these guys r smart as !. I have full faith when they get working hard then can get a final release out that easily manages 3x the playablitiy.

:emutalk:

Huuf

Zelda fanatic
I just gained 1 fps by only closing not used processes, even explorer,
This is on windows xp.

WARNING: Only do this if you know which processes are needed and which not!!!

In houses it's even real time fps rating, going to test tomorrow further on going to sleep now :yawn:

btw, I compressed the Zelda image file with the build in shrinker. also when you enter a house all static objects are orange, yellow. gonna expiriment with that also, (going in the house, out, in, out)

Last edited:

posty_2k3

T3h pwn3r3r
Huuf said:
I just gained 1 fps by only closing not used processes, even explorer,
This is on windows xp.

WARNING: Only do this if you know which processes are needed and which not!!!

In houses it's even real time fps rating, going to test tomorrow further on going to sleep now :yawn:

btw, I compressed the Zelda image file with the build in shrinker. also when you enter a house all static objects are orange, yellow. gonna expiriment with that also, (going in the house, out, in, out)

Closing almost all the apps would in fact speed it up a bit (1-3fps) Explorer is a huge cpu/ram hog, and i usually close it before playing a few games. The main reason for my slow downs ingame are usually caused by the lagging of Explorer (also, mIRC lags badly if you keep it open. It made some pc games go down to 10fps on my system)

OP
wo33er

wo33er

:|, Sod Wind Waker, Sod every other game, Sod the emulator being rushed. All i request is that you guys get it complete before the new zelda is out, if u do.. i will have ur babies !

:blink:

03.jpg

:blink: :blink: WOW ! :blink: :blink:

jareg

Just A Guy
Just watched the video and well
Holy Cow!!!!
That wont be easy to emulate ;)
But maybe yes maybe :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Clements

It was hard to believe that the game wasn't for the GameCube Next rather than GC, since Wind Waker looks like ass compared to it in terms of the sheer detail. Just look at Link's Shield, and compare the quality of it to the one in WW, and you'll see a massive difference. It's hard to say that WW utilised a lot of the GC's power and then you see a shot like that from the new Zelda.

OP
wo33er

wo33er

Hmm video, could someone please link it becuase i would love to see footage, im just hoping that above shot is not a intro/movie part of the game.. if it was in-game i wud wet my pants lmfao :blush:

OP
wo33er

wo33er

Also Clements mate, WTF is with the image of the white haired guy ... im jsut curious who he is :p

sheik124

Emutalk Member
wo33r, all i can say is you truly are a fucking twit. yes your X800XT (thats what its called) and bad-ass powersupply can pwn the gamecube hardware-wise, but there is no sense in that. on my system sometimes even n64 emus stutter, do you know why? BECAUSE ITS NOT RUNNING ON ITS OWN HARDWARE. think of it this way, why emulate a Pentium 200 MMX CPU's instructions on a, say, P4 3.4 GHz EE when you can just run the instructions natively on either of those two chips. same goes for the cube, except there is no P4 3.4 GHz EE to the cube because there is no system like it. i mean, it may be easier to run gamecube code with some minimal emulation on a g5 powermac and a radeon x800xt (ATI borrowed some of the now defunt ArtX's instructions for flipper) but it would still run like $hit. emulators take time and optimization, of which dolphin has none, so just leave the topic alone, don't waste your money, and buy the fucking cube

bLAdEbLA

Insert clever rhetoric here.
If you've got the cash to buy something like that, I'd suggest buying BOTH. That way no-one gets grumpy :)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
You know...actually, I think I'm with sheik here. His words ring true, and you don't seem to get the face. I'm starting to think his insults directed at you truly fits you.
Go and buy yourself a cube. When the game gets about it will run flawless and you'll get it at a much cheaper price than any computer for the emulator. If you just wanna see it on the emulator, then don't bother upgrading.

OP
wo33er

wo33er

I wrote out a really long reply but dam IE crashed. As usual, So i will try and do this one a little shorter :

You upset me with your comments, isults and silly'ness, think of it this way. I come asking questions and having a bit of curiosity. A forum is made for support, talk, sharing of ideas.. Not just a place to throw abuse around which is what im seeing a HELL of alot lately.

It really make me :yucky: how some people reply to peoples questions, everyone is new and curious at one point, do you really think giving them shit and saying there a fucking twit helps ?.

Well done you mature little members of the forum, im just glad there are actual decent people around here to help out someone with a question such as Bladebla, Huff, jaregs, legoman and especially clements who is a awsome admin as iv not seen him go out of line or do anything abusive or show any sign of stupidity to any questions asked.

Thank You Nice People ::: Grow up the rest of you.

Also : On the topic, the zelda game does look ace and a video can be found at the nintendo official website if you are curious, i would also reccomend seeing the new metroid and the new 'giest' game i think its called. Both great.

I am planning to buy a gamecube VERY soon within the next month with 10 games.