What's new

Direct64 v0.5 ALPHA

ray16

The Grand Potatomaster
I've noticed that the dynamic lighting in Majoras Mask is a bit iffy. One second it's working like it should, but if you move a little it'll turn off, and then turn back on if you move again... o_O

*Edit*

Just got the updated version and now Paper Mario won't work for me. I keep getting an Exception in Emulation thread error no matter what video settings I choose.

Last edited:

Kid A

Nevermind
Paper Mario: bye bye boxes behind mario and luigi etc.
FZeroX: Cars not showing correctly in race.

Trotterwatch

gandalf said:
I can believe it!.The plug-in works in my SiS 630! (not joking,i´m using 3d Analyze).
Well,a lot of problems,many errors and when it uses frame buffers,the emu crashes
LOL, well ain't that just typical :p I can't get it to work at all still - although I can get rather nice looking jumbled up stills, which is a start :)

olivieryuyu

i have a geforce3 here what i'm said :
error compiling image pixel shader
shader code:
sampler colorimage: register(s3)
;float4 ps_main(float2 textcoord:texcoord0) : color0
(
return text2d(colorimage,textcord);
(

errors x4515:cannot bind sampler to user specified stage.In ps 1_1,samplers must be bound to the same stage as their textcoord

Good work anyway !!!

Thubb

there seems to be a problem with OrkinSampling in zelda ocarina of time:

if i choose OrkinSampling and go fullscreen with zelda, and press start to open the inventory, 1964 crashes with the error "error creating render target"!

as i said, only happens in fullscreen, windowed is fine...

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Great work, orkin. I'll test this out in the weekend...
Just some questions, though...
you've implemted a lot of things in software, that can be done in hardware. If you do this in hardware, does it mess up the gfx or something?
Oh and...how well would this actually perform on PS 1.4? Since I don't have a DX9 card myself, isn't there a possibility to try and limit it to 1.4 or make it work as smooth as possible?

Awesome work, though. Keep it up!

-Shadow-

Banned
Some more screens from my game safari ^_^

No. 1 : Banjo Tooie : Shadow colors are reverted o_O
No. 2 : Majora's mask : :puke: @ Motion blur :D
No. 3 : Bio FREAKS : Maaaan , that bug's old :D

Last edited:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
olivieryuyu said:
i have a geforce3 here what i'm said :
error compiling image pixel shader
shader code:
sampler colorimage: register(s3)
;float4 ps_main(float2 textcoord:texcoord0) : color0
(
return text2d(colorimage,textcord);
(

errors x4515:cannot bind sampler to user specified stage.In ps 1_1,samplers must be bound to the same stage as their textcoord

Good work anyway !!!

Same problem 4 me. Have a Geforce 3 ti 200.
Some games work, but morh of them didn't boot.
Think I need a new gfx card... but still waiting for the progress, probablay it will work better on my geforce 3 in the future.
Great work orkin.

ray16

The Grand Potatomaster
H3ad5h0tter said:

No. 2 : Majora's mask : :puke: @ Motion blur :D

What drivers are you using? I'm using the official 4.4's and it's working fine for me. AA set to application pref and AF set to 2x.

Last edited:

-Shadow-

Banned
I use 4.4 , too , but it looks :puke: :D

I'll reinstall 'em , or wait for another release or something :D

BTW : A screen from Conkers (!) , despite the microcode isn't supported yet ^_^ (i couldn't get any further :D )

The second screen is from glide64 with Hacktarux' Glide wrapper , it's the same prob like in direct64 :(

/edit : shots from Xtreme G :puke:

Last edited:

Kid A

Nevermind
H3ad5h0tter said:

No. 1 : Banjo Tooie : Shadow colors are reverted o_O

Also if you go underwater the screen turn black. Don´t know if is related with th shadow colors reverted problem.

OP
Orkin

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
Woah, what's going on with the MM motion blur? It doesn't do that on mine...

Sorry to the people with GeForce 3s, that's old code I forgot to remove causing that error. I'll update the ZIP with one that should work tonight.

I'll check on the Banjo Tooie shadow tonight too. It's probably messed up 'cause of an old hack that I don't need anymore thanks to the improved FB support.

Doomulation said:
you've implemted a lot of things in software, that can be done in hardware. If you do this in hardware, does it mess up the gfx or something?
Oh and...how well would this actually perform on PS 1.4? Since I don't have a DX9 card myself, isn't there a possibility to try and limit it to 1.4 or make it work as smooth as possible?

I implemented transformation, lighting and clipping in software, because the N64's transformation and lighting is incompatible with the current PC GPU's method, and D3D doesn't do hardware clipping if you do your own transformation, so I did that in software too. The only other thing I've done in software is the depth image rendering to RDRAM (which you can disable with the N64 Depth Image setting), which is MUCH faster than trying to copy the depth stencil out of video RAM...

I've tried to make sure it works as good as possible with PS 1.1-1.4, but I've already run into some instruction count limits. I might be able to work it out be going to ASM in instead of HLSL for the shaders though.

Last edited:

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
1080 Snowboarding (JU) [!]

1. Where's the boards?
2. Where's the maps?
3. Motin Blur working perfectly :D

-Shadow-

Banned
3. Motin Blur working perfectly

Lol ? Am I the only one who got fucked-up motion blur ??? Ah , i didn't test it on 1080 snowboarding... The Motion Blur is only broken In Majora's mask...

/edit :
1080 Snowboarding : No.1 : Depth Problem ?
1080 Snowboarding : No.2 : TV broken :D
1080 Snowboarding : No.3 : At least the motion blur works there ^_^

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

Sorry to the people with GeForce 3s, that's old code I forgot to remove causing that error. I'll update the ZIP with one that should work tonight.

Cool, that's also the error I was having when I tried to use 1.1 shaders (picture was posted of the error a few pages back). Fingers crossed the latest version will work, if not it isn't the end of the world, lol

Edit/ Sorry if I'm being a pain with this apparent complaining about the plugin ;) I'm not really. It is definately clear that this is a great piece of coding (and Alpha at that).

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Orkin, Its currently impossible to go full screen with your plugin, at least for me, Alt+Enter results in the entire desktop flickering like crazy, if you've got time please can you look into this? :)

Edit: I figured out what caused it, d'oh, well basicly, its Orkin sampling that is the cause, uncheck that and it appears to work again.

And now for yet another bug report

Going from normal to full screen sometimes causes stuff like this to happen:

I shouldn't be seeing those objects through that wall, and I couldn't, until i went full screen.

Last edited:

-Shadow-

Banned
Loool , that plugin has a Wallhack ;)

Screen No.1 : Quake2 : Wallhack ? :D

Quake 64 crashes :C

Last edited:

minkster

gandalf said:
I can believe it!.The plug-in works in my SiS 630! (not joking,i´m using 3d Analyze).
Well,a lot of problems,many errors and when it uses frame buffers,the emu crashes

lol i tried 3d analyze but its not working.... wat is everything that u checked to make it work for you anyways?