What's new

Direct64 v0.5 ALPHA

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
H3ad5h0tter said:
Huh ? I got that driver version , but it doesn't work for me :C

o_O I just reinstalled it and it works now ! Very confusing...

It looks better than on this image , trust me :D I'll post more sreenies of my collection so stay tuned ^_^

1. : Zelda ! 99% Perrfeckt !

2. : Mace : The Dark age :Funny glitch , huh ? The characters are "carrying" their (still screwed) names with themselves

3. : Diddy Kong Racing No.1 : (i screwed my nose for this >.<) Wheel Trails !

4. : Diddy Kong Racing No.2 : Something similar to Mace , the chassis of the car is moving together with the character !

WTF? The mirror shield in your Zelda shot.. it isn't the same as mine, what version are you running? I don't remember seeing it in the game.. notice the moon on mine is some weird design on yours. :ninja:

Clements

Master Quest. They changed the design of the mirror shield and all the blocks and stuff in the game from the moon logo to the design in H3ad5h0tter's shot. Apparently it's due to Ninty not wanting to offend islamic religions.

-Shadow-

Banned
Yeah , i think the new logo is crap , is there any possibility (IPS patch or something) to get a MQ with the "Islami Protector" ? ^_^

The shield confused me , the first time i saw it... :D

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

H3ad5h0tter said:
Hmm... did you just reinstall yout version or did you upgrade to 4.4 ?

I started off on 4.4 - then I went to 4.2, 3.10 and 3.7, then 4.4 again.

With each one I uninstalled the control panel, the drivers, then used the ATI uninstall utility. Finally I rebooted and ran driver cleaner before installing the new lot :)

The problems I am guessing are related to the non Pixel Shader 2.0 modes 1.1-1.4 compat.

tEtOner

The Plugin doesn't work for me...
Sorry.. What Is Ps 2.0?
I have an Nvidia Riva Tnt2 with 32 mb
and Directx 9.0
I'm using Project 64 1.5

Trotterwatch

A Riva TNT2 will not work with this plugin. PS 2.0 means Pixel Shader 2.0 - to get this plugin to work you need at least PS 1.1 (and a modicum of luck at the moment ;)).

At least a Geforce 3 is needed, preferably a high end Radeon or Nvidia GF FX.

gcmospeada

:)

ok.jpg

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
This plugin is awesome when it comes to the Zelda games/Mario64.

Got a couple of things to report:
A) I can't go full screen, when I do, the screen flickers like crazy
B) The mario kart 64 framebuffer effect doesn't work (you probably knew that anyway)

gandalf

Member ready to help
I can believe it!.The plug-in works in my SiS 630! (not joking,i´m using 3d Analyze).
Well,a lot of problems,many errors and when it uses frame buffers,the emu crashes

ray16

The Grand Potatomaster
I've been playing Majoras Mask with this plugin since I got it this morning. It's almost like playing on a real N64 minus the jaggies and lower resolution blurryness. The motion blur effect is awesome. This is freaking great. Can't wait for this plugin to make some more progress. Maybe Orkin will make the first plugin to have a working frame buffer screen thing in Mario Kart 64... Well, we can hope.

Last edited:

-Shadow-

Banned
Motion Blur doesn't work right :-/ I've got the same glitch with Glide64 + Hacktarux wrapper :( You can't see it well on this screen...

And it flickers inside the moon (motion blur glitch ?), but that glitch can't be caught onto a screen , sorry ;)

Last edited:

ray16

The Grand Potatomaster
H3ad5h0tter said:
Motion Blur doesn't work right :-/ I've got the same glitch with Glide64 + Hacktarux wrapper :( You can't see it well on this screen...

Works fine for me.

*Does a happy dance*

Last edited:
OP
Orkin

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
It's good to see that more people are getting it to work now, although I don't know how it is that reinstalling video drivers makes it work... :unsure:

I made another small update to the plugin, so re-download it to get the latest fixes.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Orkin