What's new

Direct64 v0.5 ALPHA

gandalf

Member ready to help
hahaha,i love ADSL!
One qustion Clements: the frame rate is good?
and we like to see Conker shots! :p

Clements

The frame rate is on the slow side, the plugin stresses my GPU greatly in places (time to save for that 6800 U or something!) Conker doesn't work yet. Quite a lot of games are worse than 0.41 or broken, but that is to be expected since this is based on a totally different API and now utilises Pixel Shaders rather than the OpenGL 1.4 of before, and is an initial Alpha release. This plugin will probably only work well on DX9 cards. I'm still on 56K myself (but broadband in a few days) so it takes a while to upload the shots but is worth it I'd say. The framebuffer needs a little tweaking still :p.

Here's a shot demostrating hq4x filtering and the Peach/Bowser Transistion in one shot:

Last edited:

knowitman

It is great. It runs very well on my GeForce FX5200. I can't wait for future releases. I would upload a screenshot, but I am having a few problems doing it.

Last edited:

Rice

Emulator Developer
I guess Okrin is working out the black screen problem. It does not work for me, either. DirectX seems not be initialized.

knowitman

According to what your specs look like you shouldn't be having any problem running this at full speed. I have a GeForce FX 5200, and it runs great. How long has it been since you updated your drivers?

Last edited:

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Actually using the Catalyst 4.4 now. I usually update right away for no other reason then to break stuff :lol:

Yes, other then that odd slowdown I had earlier, which I still cannot reproduce, I have had no other issues to speak of yet.

Last edited:

revl8er

That Damn Good
This is one of the best plugins I've seen. It works great on mario 64, the peach to bowser transition is perfect, congratulations on accomplishing that. I am also impressed with how Smash Brothers works. Someone finally got rid of the box around the bombs and the characters off the screen. This is also the best plugin I've seen for OOT, it's the only one I can actually get the pause screen to display Link correctly. I've tried other games such as Goldeneye which gets into the game with gfx errors. The pause screen is correct and the game plays good, the only real problem I see is the sky and a few missing polygons, I'm sure you can fix that in your official release. Keep up the great work Orkin.

OP
Orkin

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
I fixed a couple minor bugs tonight, so re-download the ZIP to get the latest version.

As for the people that can't get Direct64 to work...I really don't know what the problem is. Try making sure that FSAA is disabled in your card settings, Direct64 doesn't like FSAA at the moment. I'll keep working on this one.

The Conker and Infernal Machine microcodes aren't supported right now. I had at one point tried working on Infernal Machine, which is why it shows up in the microcode list, but I never got very far on it.

If you're having framerate trouble, try disabling OrkinSampling and make sure N64 Depth Image isn't set to Render. Both of these can have a dramatic effect on performance. Setting it to render the depth image basically enables partial software rendering (makes the coronas and lens flares work in OoT), so it takes up alot of CPU time.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I need the motivation. :D

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

If you need any diagnostic programs running to see what the issue is Orkin let me know, and tell me what you need.

The new version as expected still doesn't work, all AA and AF are off, and I've messed with umpteen different settings in Radlinker, all to no avail :) Tested with:

Catalyst 4.4, 4.2, 3.10 and 3.7 All exhibit the same behavior

Not sure if this is relevant at all, but this is the error I receive when I attempt to force Pixel Shader 1.1-1.3 on, in 3D Analyze/Radlinker (forcing 1.4 gives no error, but again no picture):

Last edited:

ray16

The Grand Potatomaster
I can't even start any games. Every time I try to start a game it gives me an exception in emulation thread error and then closes. Some games also give me a failed to create D3D texture error... o_O...

*Edit*

Got it working... Sort of... I can start up games now but when I tried mario 64 I didn't get the morph.

*Edit 2*

Is there an options menu? Because when I click video options nothing happens. And if I click video options I can't load any games until I restart 1964 and make sure not to click it again.

Kid A

Nevermind
Mortal Kombat Trilogy - Video: Great!! - Speed: Slooow
Mischief Maker - Video: Great - Speed: Sloow
Yoshi Story - Video: See picture
Earthworm Jim 3D - Video: Showing correct graphics ( look that green balls are not visible throw boxes )

Sorry my english

Rice

Emulator Developer
Orkin said:
As for the people that can't get Direct64 to work...I really don't know what the problem is. Try making sure that FSAA is disabled in your card settings, Direct64 doesn't like FSAA at the moment. I'll keep working on this one.

Orkin, it still does not work even I disable the FSAA completely.