PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
This patch changes the bad

Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (E) [f1] (NTSC) rom

into: Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (E) [!] rom

Enjoy ;)

EDIT: 2/5/04
I've updated the zip file.
It now includes 3 more patches and a more detailed Read Me file.

PS: The good Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (E) [!]
rom WILL crash just before the ending sequence just like the other versions :(
so the cheat to fix this crash is still needed.

Last edited:

Clements

Thanks Psyman!!!! Just what I needed! [/Mario]

Since PJ64 doesn't recognise the rom yet, how about a modified Project64 RDB file that can detect the rom? Fear not, I have modified the PJ64 RDB 1.5.1 to detect it (as well as the old dump)! I renamed a few games in accordance to GoodN64 2.02a as well. Yay all round! :p

Last edited:

-Shadow-

Banned
Are there any cheat codes around for this version ? I'ts unplayable without subscreen delay fix :C

/edit : yay , 300th post ;)

Last edited:

Clements

The rom has the same rom name as Ocarina of Time (THE LEGEND OF ZELDA) so when saving the game conflicts with Ocarina of Time in PJ64, so I'm not sure how that could be fixed. Can anyone in the know fix my RDB so it saves both games independently?

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
H3ad5h0tter said:
Are there any cheat codes around for this version ? I'ts unplayable without subscreen delay fix :C

hrm good question :p
let me check that now :D

there are already cheats including Subscreen for Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (E) [f1] the cheats should be the same
still checking though ;)

Last edited:

Gent

Administrator
H3ad5h0tter said:
hmmm... the [f1] + [f2] cheats didn't work for me with the [!] version :(

Ok open this with a text editor and copy and paste into the bottom of the Project64.cht file

Should work just fine

Edit PsyMan please remove that full file as this text file has all and more thats needed for this thanks.

as for the [f1] hasnt changed at all...

and i seriously dont need another fdile out here that might have changes or possible problems to it

Thanks alot

Last edited:

xamenus

I couldn't get the patch to work-does it need to be in v64 or byteswapped format? My rom is in z64 format. GoodN64 did not recognize the new rom.

edit- Hey this was my 100th post. :holiday:

Last edited:
OP
PsyMan

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
It has to be in v64 format. If it doesn't work use Rtool v3b2 to byteflip the rom.

Edit: I deleted my previous post since Gent posted a text file that gets the job done and doesn't messes with other entries of project64.cht file :)

Last edited:

Clements

1. Use GoodN64 to determine if you have the Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (E) [f1] (NTSC) dump. It only works with this dump.

2. If you have, use Tool64 (from Smiff's page) to see what format it's in.

3. If it's big endian convert to byteswapped and then patch the rom.

I changed the header of the rom to ZELDA MASTER QUEST and the rom saved fine with my old Master Quest save and not my one from Ocarina of Time. BUT! The rom was no longer recognised by GoodN64. BOLLOCKS! :(

Edit: Looks like I'll have to use 1964 to avoid the save file conflict, since it works perfectly there, just not in PJ64.

Last edited:

Gent

Administrator
Much Apreicated PsyMan

if one thing was to be wrong with the file id never hear the last of it and i just dont have the time to help much anymore due to Collage and Exams.

OP
PsyMan

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Clements, in fact if you also change the region info from PAL to US the rom is gonna change into the [f1] version!

Gent, we are here to help people having any kind of problems and not to create them (and confuse people), so I did as you said (because you were right). ;)

Last edited:

-Shadow-

Banned
Thanks , Gent ! Have you a cheat set , that fits to 1964 ? It's quite a work to copy all the cheats to 1964 :(

/edit : using winfy's ending sequence fix in [f1] version is quite fun , link appears everywhere (for example in front of ganondorfs castle as a small link ! :D) , but not in the ending sequence :D

Last edited:

Gent

Administrator
H3ad5h0tter said:
Thanks , Gent ! Have you a cheat set , that fits to 1964 ? It's quite a work to copy all the cheats to 1964 :(

/edit : using winfy's ending sequence fix in [f1] version is quite fun , link appears everywhere (for example in front of ganondorfs castle as a small link ! :D) , but not in the ending sequence :D

Unfortunately for 1964 we will run into problems I'm afraid.

1964 does not recognise the cheats via CRC but through the internal name.
and as far as this Patch (E) [!] is concerned, this is now THE LEGEND OF ZELDA and it will use the Legend Of Zelda OOT cheats which of course will not work for this.

The Copyfix version [F1] is ZELDA MASTER QUEST so really for this cheat to work for the [E] and [f] versions all internals would need to be ZELDA MASTER QUEST.

Sorry :( this is the reason why Regions of Game are not suppoted in the cheat file only [!] can be used and I'm truley sorry for that

Edit use the below Full file

Last edited:

-Shadow-

Banned

You don't have to be sorry , its not your fault that the cheats aren't sorted by CRC ;)

/edit : on my 1964 , the [!] version don't use the OOT cheats . It uses the ones from Master Quest o_O"

1964 shows me that the [!] version has the ID : ZELDA MASTER QUEST

I changed the tag on the top of your cheat entry into ZELDA MASTER QUEST and removed the OOT cheats , it works .

Last edited:

Gent

Administrator
H3ad5h0tter said:

You don't have to be sorry , its not your fault that the cheats aren't sorted by CRC ;)

/edit : on my 1964 , the [!] version don't use the OOT cheats . It uses the ones from Master Quest o_O"

o_O

ok open your ROM Properties and tell me the settings you have for this ROm