What's new

Questiong about ISO files !!

VictorCL

Does anyone have a list of how many MB does each game uses? I mean I want to downl... ups I mean rip xD some games and I want to know how many MB exactly they use , because I have seen Zelda the wind waker of more than 1GB and another one of some 750MB and I don't know exactly which is the correct one to down.. mean rip !!! thanks

Vegetable

Banned
Look, making jokes about downloading games isn't funny, and unless you own windwaker already, then we probably shouldn't help you. And if you don't own it, downloading games is pointless, seeing as the games are hardly running in a playable state (5fps).

Knuckles

files are normally 1.4GB each, but if they are compressed , they can vary in size, Wind waker will be approx: 1.04GB. take the 1GB one to be sure.

Last edited:
OP
V

VictorCL

Yes I have a gamecube

Well I have a gamecube and a couple of games I have had most nintendo system , I just want to see if one game could work or show something on my computer that's all, I have seen those great shots from people and I want to try it too !!!,

razielim

each GCDisk can hold 1.4gb of data, but nintendo usually pad lots of dummy data into games which take less space, to move them to the outside of the disk and read faster. You can get tools which shrink GCMs down to the bare game data. I think DOLPHIN even has an experimental one built in... how's that for a swiis army knife-sorta emu, ha?

Uber-Master

Ok, heres a question.. i own a gamecube, and quite a few games, but not phantasy star.. i hear there is a program that can rip ISOs from GC discs if you put them in your DVD-ROM.... i have heard it on many different forums, but i have not yet found this program.. anyone care to help? in fact if there is ANY way to do it without phantasy star, then id like to know that.... please? remember, its not illegal, cause i own the games...

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
Uber-Master said:
Ok, heres a question.. i own a gamecube, and quite a few games, but not phantasy star.. i hear there is a program that can rip ISOs from GC discs if you put them in your DVD-ROM.... i have heard it on many different forums, but i have not yet found this program.. anyone care to help? in fact if there is ANY way to do it without phantasy star, then id like to know that.... please? remember, its not illegal, cause i own the games...

It's still illegal.. and there are no such programs. Gamecube discs have the information backwards, causing no CD or DVD readers to be able to read them. I would believe that the programs are real, if I had proof. But now, I highly doubt it.

Guru64

GameCube disc's aren't written backwards... They just are in a special format that can't be read by a normal CD/DVD player...