What's new

Needs Tester For An Experimental Glide Wrapper

Qun Mang

nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'
Hacktarux said:

I definitely like the sound of that statement. I think I speak for a lot of people when I say this work you're doing on the wrapper is greatly appreciated. One question that I don't think I've seen is do you plan on adding a control panel/setup program in the future (after bug fixes)? It would be nice to set separate full screen and windowed resolutions for example.

desertboy

Xbox N64 Emulation Fanatic
Qun Mang said:
I definitely like the sound of that statement. I think I speak for a lot of people when I say this work you're doing on the wrapper is greatly appreciated. One question that I don't think I've seen is do you plan on adding a control panel/setup program in the future (after bug fixes)? It would be nice to set separate full screen and windowed resolutions for example.

I may be wrong but surely it's the plugin that sets res. not the wrapper all the wrapper is doing is converting glide3d commands to direct3d commands very similar to wine (For linux not the drink).

rcgamer

the old guy
yeah i think the wrapper should stay like it is and leave the settings to glide64. just interpret the plugin.

Qun Mang

nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'
Well, I just suggested that since Glide64 doesn't have separate resolution settings, presumably since most (all?) Voodoo cards can't display glide in a window anyway. If it's a bad idea then whatever. Anyway, I did say "in the future," as in after all major bugs are squashed. Extras are nice but bugs should of course come first.

Reznor007

Technically Voodoo cards can support Glide rendering in a window. It was added in the Glide3x SDK, but I don't think anyone actually used it, since only Voodoo Banshee, 3, 4, and 5 could use it, and by that time Glide was pretty much dead. I'm not sure how well the drivers support that feature anyway.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Hacktarux you rock, its amazing how much progress you've made on this, its getting to be better (if it isn't already) than evoodoo and that took longer to make.

Federelli

Beta Tester
Windowed is coded into the latest glide3x release, but as you say it's not implemented completelly yet

liteuser

I'll be Back!
Hi,
Thanks I have just now had a chance to test the beta 4 it works a lot better with 1964 now and smooth I can say this much thats one good wrapper you have made the games it does work with makes me think I have a voodoo . Full screen looking good. Great work Hacktarux :party:

Last edited:
OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Here's something else to test... there's no version number because, maybe i won't include changes in the final release, i need to ask what you think about this first.

I've tried to implement a texture filtering algorithm, what do u think about such a simple filter ? is it worth including it ? in your opinion, is it better in some cases than more advanced filters like 2xsai.... ?

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
The filter looks nice and it doesn't seem to need a lot of CPU power which is good for lower end systems but it isn't as advanced as 2xsai.
The fullscreen addition makes the Wrapper even better but the bottom status bar of the emu (1964 and PJ64) is still there after changing to fullscreen (I guess this is not fixed yet).

Last edited:
OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
it filters texture and increase their size, that may improve visual quality