What's new

Diddy Kong racing - Strange game internal error !

-Shadow-

Banned
Hmmm... I've got something really strange in the normal versions (not the cracked one ) of diddy kong racing , it happens very rarely and only at the start .

I've heard something about Banjo-Tooie that the data is encrypted at the start of the game , and 1964 emulates the key to decrypt it , is this the same thing in Diddy kong Racing ?

Did you forget some keys for Diddy kong racing ? :D

The game internal error message is on my screenshots....

The rom is a good one , and it's the European [E] (!) version !

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
i've never had that problem with DKR, maybe its an [E] problem, try playing the U version.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
May be an emulator bug or a system problem. I noticed your overclocking you processor. Try to see if the game crash ever occurs at all with the stock processor frequency.

OP
-Shadow-

-Shadow-

Banned
Hmmm.... I've tried it with stock frequency , its still present ( but its >very< rare and the game remains playable at all ) . It can't be the frequency of my CPU , because ANY other game ( no matter if N64 or PC) works normal . I don't use any cheats (i'm a DKR addict , i've unlocked TT on my n64 ^_^ )

I think they just forgot some decryption codes ( I think that's why there's a cracked version °_- ) . The rarity of this bug is also a sign that it is something with that protection scheme...

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
H3ad5h0tter said:
Hmmm.... I've tried it with stock frequency , its still present ( but its >very< rare and the game remains playable at all ) . It can't be the frequency of my CPU , because ANY other game ( no matter if N64 or PC) works normal . I don't use any cheats (i'm a DKR addict , i've unlocked TT on my n64 ^_^ )

I think they just forgot some decryption codes ( I think that's why there's a cracked version °_- ) . The rarity of this bug is also a sign that it is something with that protection scheme...

I only mentioned the processor overclock thing, because not everybody can
get an Athlon stable at higher than stock frequencies. Overclocking is like the lottery, some people will have success and other will have failure.

BTW, also, because when I overclocked my Athlon T-bird processor a while back, Project64 would give me the error message when playing Goldeneye 007, "Error EXL Set Defined: FALSE", until I increased the Vcore.

Now, that you said the game crash you're getting is rare, probably a bug.

OP
-Shadow-

-Shadow-

Banned
Ummmm , yeah . I wouldn't write that i have 2600+@3200+ if it doesn't run stable ^_^

BTW : I could't pull even a single Megahertz out of my old T-Bird 1400Mhz :D And making the Vcore higher is really indispensable for overclocking the CPU ^_^

Yeah , i think it's a bug , too (something with copy protection or something )

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Er.. How is a game going to go to debug (in itself) like that due to overclocking? It won't. If it's going to do something wrong, it'll be in windows, not the game itself.

RJA, I've come to the conclusion that you never know what the hell you're talking about, looking at some of your other posts.

Jammy

Spoilet Brat
well it isnt a version issue i have the (E) version and it works fine. ive never seen this sort of thing before.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
H3ad5h0tter said:

That isn't being addicted...

Being addicted is getting every Silver balloon on Mirror. Well... except one. I could never beat pig dude on Mirror. :(

OP
-Shadow-

-Shadow-

Banned
Tagrineth , i've REALLY beaten the complete game ! I had got ALL silver Baloons (i called them Disco Balls ^_^ ) , and wizpig on his cheap rocket is a lam0r ^_^ . Theres still some DKR skill left in me , i'll try to do it again ;)

pheew , it's since five years when i lastly played diddy kong racing... those where the times..... ^_^

Last edited:

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
Tagrineth said:
That isn't being addicted...

Being addicted is getting every Silver balloon on Mirror. Well... except one. I could never beat pig dude on Mirror. :(

Try to release the gas in the zippers and with the blue baloons and you will get higher speeds........

Easy.... :D i completed all game in the real64 too....... :)

Last edited:

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
cooliscool said:
RJA, I've come to the conclusion that you never know what the hell you're talking about, looking at some of your other posts.

Uh huh, you're turning this thread into a flame fest over something sad but true.

Last edited:
OP
-Shadow-

-Shadow-

Banned
It took a lot time until i got that trick with the zippers , too ( i thought : "HOW THE HELL CAN TT DRIVE SO FAST ?) ^_^

hmmm... I think beating TT was harder than beating Wizpig the second time ^^