What's new

Perfect dark working with new beta?

CoCoLUS

Hi

I've read about the new beta... can it play perfect dark? just a quick question from an addicted perfect dark player ;)

CoCoLUS

OP
C

CoCoLUS

thanks for the fast answer, but i don't have this new plugin ???
i'm not a betatester.. thats means... waiting... waiting... waiting...

CoCoLUS

Roy

pj64 will be released soon,
just.......a.......little............while........longer........:devil:

Jfletcher

Diddy Kong works great with full speed and only minor graphic (background) imperfections.
Perfect Dark plays too slow for me (20 FPS)

Rice

Emulator Developer
Jfletcher

I can see that you have some graphics plugin setting problems, you should be able to get better graphics than this.

btw, you can use 4MB (turn the expansion pak off) to get even better speed if you want speed. and without speed sync.

I don't know it is against the PJ64 beta testing rule or not, but I suggest you not to post such images from unreleased Jabo plugin, at lease not out of the PJ forum. (I maybe wrong.)

Rice

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Yer but it's not that simple. there's sommat wrong with the timing.. there's things wrong with PJ aswell.. I havent really played around much to figure it out at all yet...

Rice

Emulator Developer
Hey, Smiff

A clarification about CF setting in 1964. And this could also be a better answer to one of your question in the old forum, which Schibo's answer was not quite enough.

As I remember that your question was how 1964 can still run so smoothly with higher CF setting

CF=2 in 1964 equals to CF=1 in PJ
CF=4 in 1964 equals to CF=2 in PJ (default CF value in PJ)
CF=6 in 1964 equals to CF=3 in PJ
CF=7 in 1964 equals to CF=4 in PJ
CF=8 in 1964 equals to CF=8 in PJ (PJ does not have this value, it is not much useful any way)

You can consider CF=4 in 1964 as the standard CF=2 in PJ.

And you can see that CF setting in 1964 is not that high if CF<=7 so graphics from 1964 is still acceptable. As I feel, CF=6 in 1964 (CF=3 in PJ) is still acceptable when playing Conker, but CF=7 in 1964 (CF=4 in PJ) is too high to play either Conker or GoldenEye, it seems higher than it should be.

Rice

Last edited:

Rice

Emulator Developer
Smiff

I have just modified my earlier post a little more about Conker and GoldenEye, it maybe useful for you.

Rice