Page 106 of 106 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106
Results 1,051 to 1,054 of 1054

Thread: Chip 8

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nice work Danny,

I was also able to fix bug in my code reading through this topic. The problem I had was that I didn't clear Carry (VF) on the beginning of DXYN opcode. Now seems like games work correctly but haven't done that much of testing. Next thing for me will be probably dynamic compiler or disassembler not sure yet Probably will pick GamBoy as next level as I see here it's most common next project for aspiring emu devs.

PS. Just checked animal race, I still have some bugs there as the animals get messed up during the race. What's the best way to debug this? Do I dump machine state and compare with other emulator? Any reference emulators for use?

Some screenshots:

Check out the code here: https://github.com/kinder112/chip8
    Last edited by kinder112; November 11th, 2017 at 13:57.

Administrator & Programmer Danny's Avatar
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kinder112 View Post
    Nice work Danny,

I was also able to fix bug in my code reading through this topic. The problem I had was that I didn't clear Carry (VF) on the beginning of DXYN opcode. Now seems like games work correctly but haven't done that much of testing. Next thing for me will be probably dynamic compiler or disassembler not sure yet Probably will pick GamBoy as next level as I see here it's most common next project for aspiring emu devs.

PS. Just checked animal race, I still have some bugs there as the animals get messed up during the race. What's the best way to debug this? Do I dump machine state and compare with other emulator? Any reference emulators for use?

Some screenshots:

Check out the code here: https://github.com/kinder112/chip8
    Nice!

I have a few bugs in animal race too (they get jumbled together). Theres a few small bugs in my emulator still that I plan on fixing when I get bored.

When they're fixed, i'll let you know if it resolves the animal race issue.
    Proud Administrator Of Emutalk.net

* I develop software for: iOS, Android, Mac, Linux & Windows.
    * Proficient in C#, C, C++, Objective-C, Java, Swift, Lua. Also know some: PHP.

Want to help EmuTalk? Want us to relive the glory days of old? Ping me, I would love to hear your ideas

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Nice!

I have a few bugs in animal race too (they get jumbled together). Theres a few small bugs in my emulator still that I plan on fixing when I get bored.

When they're fixed, i'll let you know if it resolves the animal race issue.
    Good to hear from you, Danny.
    Model: MacBook Pro with a Retina, Mid 2014 (Purchased in March 28, 2015) -- macOS Sierra 10.13.1
    CPU: 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphic Card: Intel Iris 1536 MB

iPhone 6+ - iOS 11.1.2

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It might be a little unusual, but I recently wrote a Chip-8 emulator in SmileBasic for the 3DS. If you want to try it for yourself, let me know and I'll post the download key here.
    ~shutterbug2000~

Page 106 of 106 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106