What's new

A little question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammyboy

Certified SuperHero
My GC emu and a little question

Is it possible to create an emulator of anysorts in visual basic. I mean I have started up my own gamecube emulation project in c++ I already have 3 members in the team and about just over 100 lines of code written but thats not enough.
Anyways I still need three more emu developers at the moment:

Patch Freak
Plugin Developer
BETA Tester (I only want one)

Thats it but can you answer my question on VB

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

Talking about coding a Gamecube emu but then asking if Visual Basic was any good for creating an emulator in the first post. Asking the 1st question invalidates any chance of the GC emulator happening.

OP
sammyboy

sammyboy

Certified SuperHero
No I dont know if it will succedd or however you spell it because everytime i try to compile it my c++ compiler comes up with loads of errors.

Trotterwatch

Start with something easier :) If it's not compiling your code, you have either written bad code, or don't know how to use the compiler. Either way it doesn't bode well for a GC Emulator author.

Have you programmed anything previously?

OP
sammyboy

sammyboy

Certified SuperHero
Not really know but I have realised I have a lot more time to do it and I really want a strong team the three members of the team are a designer (logo and site and help files and stuff) and a debugger but hes doing another project at the same time as well. Plus I can get instant help from the person who is writing the emu PS2emu (the project leader roor and scar_t). Plus I can get help from my uncle who works for a programming comapny. What you said about the emulators in vb I dont really believe because my ucle can write really decent games and stuff and that is a step in the right path. But whilst we are at it does anyone on this forum want to become a plugin, patch, beta tester for our project if so that will help us alot. Anyways I want to do a gc emu because that has lower specs than any over next genration console and has lower compitition (cxbx for xbox and pcsx2 for ps2 is the best compition in the ps2 emulation zone whereas dolphin the best gc emu(which has alos been on sky ones program called gamezone) has been halted) thats why I want to do a gamecube emu. Plus a gamecube doc that I have found is not that long winded and tells you in easy steps to keep me concetrated.

Trotterwatch

What you said about the emulators in vb I dont really believe because my ucle can write really decent games and stuff and that is a step in the right path.

He doesn't write them in VB. If he does then he isn't a proper games programmer.

Visual Basic is great for Office type applications, it's total crap for games/emulator programming. If you think otherwise, then please stop wasting everyones time now.

btw... don't let the specs of the Gamecube decieve you, they ain't as low as you are thinking.

OP
sammyboy

sammyboy

Certified SuperHero
I have solved the problem with my compiler and now I know how to compile my emulator. We have now decided on the name. Cubed Station is going to be the name.
Now I know how to compile my emulator I am now going to start programming again. Seeing as I am quite a slow typer I would probably get something like 200 lines of code per day. So sorry.
If you want to develop for the cubed station please contact me via msn my msn link is on the side but if you can noty see it (for some bizarre reason).
The posistions going out at the moment are... 2 patch developers, 2 official plugin developers 9that get released with versions coming out). 3 BETA testers. And an debugger we already have one but he is a bit of a begginner in c++.
To be able to qualify for patch developer you have to know how to program in c/c++ and you much send me 1 plugin for another emu that you have developed your self (plus the emu you developed it for). If it is not an official that doesnt matter as long as it is not a virus.
To qualify as a plugin developer you have to send us 1 plugin you developed for what ever you have done before (say like a graphics plugin for pcsx2 or something).
To qualify for beta tester you must either have loads of links for roms or have some sort of special hardware which enables you to run game cube games and at least 10 games. Plus you have to be quite good at writing reviews.

OP
sammyboy

sammyboy

Certified SuperHero
Err summink i missed. Well that aint rom requesting because I dont want one because I have about 20 PD roms so there. Plus when the first version comes out u wont be laughing. There have now been over 200 lines of coding. And I program at about 100/200 lines of code a day so what are you laughing about please tell me I would like to know really. Dont think I am being stroppy or anything its just that I am fed up of people not believing me.

Trotterwatch

Plus when the first version comes out u wont be laughing. There have now been over 200 lines of coding. And I program at about 100/200 lines of code a day so what are you laughing about please tell me I would like to know really.

Can you give a little example of the code you are using?

To be honest I don't believe anything will come of this either. It really sounds very noobie (ie I am typing 200 lines of code a day).

Status
Not open for further replies.