What's new

Gamecube Roms and Emulators

dave_luther

Dangerous Dave
i havent bought a fifa game since 99, i burnt it using my friends cd, i didnt buy it, and am i glad, man does it suck!

_gpf_

Nonono... football is that game where two teams from the AFC and NFC meet in the Super Bowl! :D

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
AFC? NFC? Super Bowl? What`s that, some kind of a bowling league? :)

I AM kidding you know, I do know the difference between football and soccer. At least I hope I do...

Remote

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 30, 2002--Applied Microsystems Corp., developer of optical disk-based development kits for the game console market as well as embedded software test, debug and verification tools, today announced its new agreement with Marubeni Solution Corp. -- the leading distributor in Japan of Nintendo GameCube(TM) development kits.

Under the new agreement, Marubeni Solution will distribute Applied's optical disk solution, a key highlight of Nintendo GameCube development kits. Commenting on the new agreement, Makoto Sekoguchi, general manager, IT Solution Division, Marubeni Solution Corp., said: ``When the average game title costs $5 million (US) to develop, finding high performance yet cost effective tools is a very important priority for the game developer. Based on the experience Nintendo's customers in America are having with Applied's products, we are confident and pleased to extend this solution to our game developers in Japan.''

With Applied's solutions, it's no longer necessary to burn discs for every minor change that is made, saving developers crucial time, resources and money. Working with debuggers such as SN Systems' ProDG(TM) and MetroWerks' CodeWarrior(TM), Applied's emulation technology delivers the critical visibility and communications channel into both the host and target environment so that game developers can control the quality of their code and data through emulation of their optical disk environment. Using this optical disk emulation technology, developers can compile code while they emulate -- thereby significantly shortening the time game title development typically takes today.

This next generation optical disc emulation technology emulates the physical characteristics of the optical disk drive by adjusting the transfer rate of data coming from the hard drive. Armed with this tool, developers can observe spin up/down, head seek and rotational time, disc cache operation, and the data transfer rate based on the physical location of data on the drive. Applied's optical disk emulation technology allows the developer to inject errors to simulate scratches or bad discs so typical variations caused by these real-life factors can be accurately managed at the development stage.

Applied's Vice President of Sales and Marketing Mark Budzinski said: ``We are grateful to Nintendo Co., Ltd. of Japan for introducing us to Marubeni Solution, their leading distributor in Japan. Applied is looking forward to serving Nintendo's game developers in Japan through this important relationship with Marubeni and committing to them the most cost effective high performance optical disk game development kit available today.''

_gpf_

I AM kidding you know, I do know the difference between football and soccer. At least I hope I do...

Yeah, yeah, I figured you were. I only mention it b/c a) I'm from the US and b) I like our football immeasurably more than the real football.

blizz

_gpf_ said:

Yeah, yeah, I figured you were. I only mention it b/c a) I'm from the US and b) I like our football immeasurably more than the real football.

yeah I'd like to see them do it without the padding. :p

crhylove

Banned
processor power...

i don't think it's valid to be discouraged by the processing power of the GC in relation to emu, or the xbox, or the ps2....

For one, Corn emulates the n64 on machines barely more powerful, so emulation is possible even on machines only slightly more powerful.

Two, The PC industry is alwasy improving by large leaps and bounds... as soon as doom 3 comes out and requires a geforce 4 for decent frame rates, everyone will be upgrading all over again, and PCs will quickly start to be much much more powerful than the current crop of consoles....

three, Just because the consoles are new shouldn't discourage anybody either, reverse engineering is important no matter when it's started... the sooner of course the better.

four, there is ALOT of tech possibilities afoot that will make all computers globally combined look like child's toys...

...in no specific order

nanotechnology (just atomically reproduce any console for free! Or just the necessary hardware...) Or of course just build a molecular scaled computer that is way WAY below the .15 process somewhere in the .00015 process scale arena, and hence so fast that it can emulate any current computer like it was nothing.

quantum computing (logic gates and other simple components have already been made, full blown cpus probably aren't THAT far off)

DNA computing (not as exciting as quantum or nano tech, but equally mind blowing in terms of performance(and price))

home fabrication equipment (just print your own everything! now THAT's plug and play!) of course i don't see the corporations really backing this tech until after one of the other 3 are a foregone conclusion.

not to mention dozens of others....

of course when some of this comes out and gets mainstream, the games possible then will be like undiscernble VR and the like, and the whole point of being a living sentient being is going to have to be re-evaluated massively (nothing to do but eat, make babies, engineer, art and play games) so emu anything is gonna seem kind of a wierd museum like thing....

honestly i see all of this happening before i wear depends, anyway.

:devil:

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Now lets all shut-up because Football (of the American kind) kicks ass! And yes, I am Welsh. ;)

blizz

Jaz said:
Now lets all shut-up because Football (of the American kind) kicks ass! And yes, I am Welsh. ;)

since wales suck at most sports I think it's fine they can suck at US Rugby too :p

Raging Fuel

The jumbles man, the jumbles
I can't understand why people watch American Football. To me it's just so boring. Every five seconds they seem to stop the game, get all set up again, then they might play for another 5 seconds....

RPGlover12

well fifa2002 is just lame its sucks i got that game a while ago and that game is bad i give this game abuot 4.5 :( its not that good and fifa2001 was better much better hope that fifa2003 will be much better and hope that iss will be much more better :) i hope so :plain:

lightknight

ha Remote! thanks for the infor. i can use the optical disc emulation in my NGB

emulatore!!!! i have 1 great idea now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! time to get back to work on it!!