What's new

Gamecube Roms and Emulators

Raging Fuel

The jumbles man, the jumbles
Emulators, most probably, but they won't be around (in a working state) for at least 2 or 3 years. ROMs, no. That's because the GameCube doesn't use ROMs (cartridges) it uses ISOs (CDs, DVDs, etc).

Reznor007

Realize that you are asking for 1.5GB ISO files :)

And you would need a computer that would make an AthlonXP2000+ with a Radeon8500 look like a child's toy.

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Yeah, that`s right, you`ll need an extremely hefty machine... Though the system is ain`t that powerful : I mean, you see slowdowns in the FIFA2002 GC version, yet you don`t see any on a 700mhz P3 with a GF2 card... I guess that what makes emulation much slower is the difference between the cpu`s structure...

Reznor007

Saying the system isn't powerful is quite wrong.

Just look at Rogue Leader :)

And while I haven't seen FIFA2002 on Gamecube, I would have to say the console version would look better than the PC version or else it was poorly programmed if it had slowdown.

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
FIFA2002 doesn`t look better than the PC version, not even a bit, yet it still plays slower, and that`s because consoles are weaker than PC`s. Anyway, Rogue Leader has its share of framerate chugs, at the battles over the ice planet you get a "slide show" rather often.

Reznor007

Oleg Zaks said:
FIFA2002 doesn`t look better than the PC version, not even a bit, yet it still plays slower, and that`s because consoles are weaker than PC`s. Anyway, Rogue Leader has its share of framerate chugs, at the battles over the ice planet you get a "slide show" rather often.

Umm...no, you never get a slideshow on Hoth. I've the game for almost 2 months now, I would know :) But the game pushes around 15-20 million polygons per second, so slow down is understandable(but 60FPS for the most part).

It seems weird that it would go slower though. Gamecube is on the level of a 1GHz Athlon with a Radeon8500(around there). Most likely it is very sloppy coding or something.

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Reznor007 said:

Umm...no, you never get a slideshow on Hoth. I've the game for almost 2 months now, I would know :) But the game pushes around 15-20 million polygons per second, so slow down is understandable(but 60FPS for the most part).

Ahh But Remember, The Gamecube Uses an ATI Radeon 3D GFX Interface...

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
Reznor007 said:
Saying the system isn't powerful is quite wrong.

Just look at Rogue Leader :)

And while I haven't seen FIFA2002 on Gamecube, I would have to say the console version would look better than the PC version or else it was poorly programmed if it had slowdown.

Just because the system can give a nice picture and sound doesn't mean its powerful, it means that the company is using the hardware to its extent. Look at the PlayStation. It came out a long long time ago and in most cases people prefered it over the DreamCast and N64, even tho those systems had some better hardware. Its not how powerful the machine is its how the programmers utilize the hardware inside the the machine :)

I hope thats makes a bit more sence ???

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Yeah man, you have a point... Tekken 3 looked pretty cool at the time, although it had no anisotropic filtering, or FSAA, or whatever... It`s like, "size doesn`t matter, what matters is what you make of it" :)

dave_luther

Dangerous Dave
Fifa, Fifa, the worst football game ever, ISS 2 on GC which now has a fifpro license is gonna whup this lowlife games ass so badly that it wish it had never been born

_gpf_

hell, i just wanna play melee on my computer. i was just blown away by the graphics when i started playing at my friend's house. (can you say giga bowser?)

Reznor007

CpU MasteR said:

Ahh But Remember, The Gamecube Uses an ATI Radeon 3D GFX Interface...

Gamecube does not use anything ATI created. ArtX designed the Gamecube GPU, then ATI bought ArtX.

Reznor007

Malcolm said:

Just because the system can give a nice picture and sound doesn't mean its powerful, it means that the company is using the hardware to its extent. Look at the PlayStation. It came out a long long time ago and in most cases people prefered it over the DreamCast and N64, even tho those systems had some better hardware. Its not how powerful the machine is its how the programmers utilize the hardware inside the the machine :)

I hope thats makes a bit more sence ???

But RL does not use the system to it's full extent. It only uses very simple shaders and high poly models. Tekken3 used the full extent of the PSX, and the arcade version ran on overclocked PSX hardware.

Reznor007

dave_luther said:
Fifa, Fifa, the worst football game ever, ISS 2 on GC which now has a fifpro license is gonna whup this lowlife games ass so badly that it wish it had never been born

Agreed :)

RPGlover12

Reznor007 said:
well i dont agree with ya at all i never agreed this and i will never fifa is the best game ever and will always be and the iss isn't as good as fifa and mostly i get bored of all the soccer games thats why i dont buy the original :)

dave_luther

Dangerous Dave
RPGlover12 said:
well i dont agree with ya at all i never agreed this and i will never fifa is the best game ever and will always be and the iss isn't as good as fifa and mostly i get bored of all the soccer games thats why i dont buy the original :)

man, is fifa lame, half of the players in fifa dont have names, and i dont mean made up names, they are numbers, LAME! Man , is fifa lame, there is no world cup mode, you qualify and the games ends there, LAME! Man, is fifa lame , African teams and Ocieana teams have all been missed out and there is no qualfying for these regions, LAME! Man, is fifa lame, the gameplay is sooooo bad, the computer always socres from the half way line, the gameplay is just a copy of premier league stars, nuffin new, LAME! Man, is fifa lame, when you win a tournament, your reward is that you get a picture of a player, WOW!!! now i can look at a player all day. LAME! Man , is fifa lame, i havent played it in 3 months, LAME! Plus lots of bugs, eg formation bug+ editing bug make this game a BIG headache. Also ea released a patch earlier this year which was meant to fix this, it was like 100 MB, but all the 99MB of the patch did was remove taiwan from the game, cuz they cudnt get the license or sommmats, like we really care??

FIFA is lame (except 98 which was just sweet) and EA is lame, full stop.

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Well, if it`s so lame as you state, why did you buy it? Fifa is a good series of soccer games, definitily better than anything else that you can find on the market, and I haven`t ever seen the computer score from the half way line. Anyway, cutting out the world cup mode did suck, since EA wants to make money out of World cup 2002 that comes out in the summer. But between that, and stating the whole game as crap, there is a very long distance.