What's new

whatabout a TNT2

number_muncher

Well i gotta TNT2Model64 card,P4 1.5Gig, 40 gigabite, Fat32
and my problem is even after all that the games run slower than they should(i mean i think they should) So is my computer crap or is there some special button that will speed it up a notch

diddy02

It depends. Do you have the latest drivers from NVidia? If not what game are you playing, that is going slow? Jet Force Gemini Kiosk runs with an average of 50 fps on my system, but the U! version runs with a fps of 12... so what game do you have trouble with?

OP
N

number_muncher

hey

well ive got Zelda1&2 they run fine but the sound sux that is also another problem with it and ive got Perfect dark goldeneye and some others that run pretty good. It's basiclly Zeldas and PD &Goldeneye

thine_impalor

Local spammer
mines same specs

i got the same specs, i got a 40gig hd with p4 1.5 and tnt2m64 AND i845, not RDRAM, but i get around 30fps in PD and no mercy and stuff i get around 60fps, try removing that frame rate limiter thingy... its there in 1 of the options:pj64:

rtb

p4 sucks

thine_impalor said:
i got the same specs, i got a 40gig hd with p4 1.5 and tnt2m64 AND i845, not RDRAM, but i get around 30fps in PD and no mercy and stuff i get around 60fps, try removing that frame rate limiter thingy... its there in 1 of the options:pj64:
p4 sux, i've seen some documents and they simply said it sucks, alot of ghz doesn't make a good processor.

i have a tnt2 with old drivers i think, is it good enuf?

RPGlover12

Re: mines same specs

thine_impalor said:
how
i got p3 600 , tnt2 m64 32mb , 256 ram , intell 440
and all the games work full speed ?????????????

linker

Emutalk Member
Ok guys. Here is you problem: Pj64 doesn't work well with P4 (this is the alternative way of saying that p4 sux). So it doesn't depends so much of your video card, cpu is the main reason for that crap. I have duron650@780 and Riva TNT2 - Everything runs fine.

illwill

hey, right now i have a p2 450Mhz, 256mb, tnt2 m64 and i get anywhere from 38 to 50 frames a sec on most games, but in about two days i should be recieving my new computer, it's a dell 1.6gig p4, 256mb ram and a ge force 2 video card. From the other post in this section it seems that i won't get better performance with the 1.6gig p4. is that really true. N64 emulation is one of the main reasons i ordered the new computer. i guess i should have went for an athlon processor, but dell dosen't sell them. plus my brother works for dell and the computer on cost me $480 dollars and this price includes shipping and handling. oh, well, i guess i have to keep playing n64 games on my p2.