What's new

Memory card?

raid517

Just a small question. A lot of games I start complain about not having a memory card and that I should 'press b' if I want to continue. However if I press B on my keyboard nothing happens - indeed if I press any of the keys on my keyboard nothing happens. Please can someone tell me if what key to press when I see this message? Also, isn't it possible for Dolphin just to make a small ram disk from my spare ram abnd use this as a memory card? Just curious.

GJ

Knuckles

first , when they say "press B" it's like if you were on a GC gamepad, not on your keyboard :getlost:

second: to see what key of your keyboard is assigned the the B of the GC gamepad, go and look in the input plugin, I think that normally, there is no config (not sure, I'm not home dso I can't check).

OP
R

raid517

Erm....

Main_stick_left=203
Main_stick_up=200
Main_stick_right=205
Main_stick_down=208
Sub_stick_left=36
Sub_stick_up=23
Sub_stick_right=38
Sub_stick_down=37
D-Pad_left=33
D-Pad_up=20
D-Pad_right=35
D-Pad_down=34
A_button=45
B_button=44
X_button=31
Y_button=46
Z_trigger=32
L_button=16
R_button=17
Start=28
Soft_main_switch=42
Soft_sub_switch=42
Soft_triggers_switch=29

Well going by the .ini the keybinding for my "B" key is 44 - the question is, which button is 44 - or indeed what are any of the others?

GJ

Knuckles

raid517 said:
Erm....

Well going by the .ini the keybinding for my "B" key is 44 - the question is, which button is 44 - or indeed what are any of the others?

GJ

I didn't said to look in the .ini! in the control plugin in the emu config :getlost:

OP
R

raid517

Thanks guys. BTW I just tried Mario Sunshine and it works kinda. The intro plays nicely - but then you have basically just the 3D outlines of the characters (not wireframe) they look like technicolour blobs - although you can still make out who everyone is. It's almost as though some important data about the surface textures is missing. But then I'm no expert. The ingame menus work fine and the controls although slow are smooth and fairly functional.

I don't know if this info is useful to anyone - but there you are. I am likely to have many more games to test in the very near future.

GJ

OP
R

raid517

OK well I found what might/might not be a bug in Dolphin - or maybe it's just unimplemented features. Anyway whenever I try to apply settings (such as use shaders in the video plugin) I don't seem to be able to because the 'apply' button is greyed out. I was told that this was simply unimplemented and that selecting OK would apply my new settings. However whenever I go back and look at the plugin settings again there is no check mark next to the 'shaders' option. And therein lies the dilemma, because while apparently the OK button applies settings, because those settings are not saved in the settings dialog (the check mark does not stay in place after selecting it and hitting OK) then when you next look at it it appears impossible to undo your last selection. While it may only be a case of selecting OK again to restore default settings, this is very confusing to the user. Wouldn't it be better just to have check boxes marked and unmarked in accordance with the users preference?

Just a thought.

GJ

OP
R

raid517

Anyway, I don't really get it, why can't A be A, B, B and C, C and so on? Wouldn't that make more sense? Maybe I'm just being pedantic, but...

GJ

kage

raid517 said:
Anyway, I don't really get it, why can't A be A, B, B and C, C and so on? Wouldn't that make more sense? Maybe I'm just being pedantic, but...

GJ

The layout they use keeps the buttons closer together, so you could actually use them in conjunction with one another. Thats my take on it anyway.

:ninja: