What's new

A question for Rice - could you fix Ogre Battle backgrounds?

Powerlord

Evil Emperor
While the game is running, with RiceVideo 5.5.0 and up, go to the Plug-ins -> Video Settings.. screen, Current Game Options tab. There should be a checkbox for Normal Blender that defaults to grey (which means "use default"). Click it until a checkmark appears.

Edit:
If you just see "Advanced options are not allowed to be changed." go to the General Options tab and uncheck Hide Advanced Options. In earlier versions of 5.5.x, you will need to close the Video Settings screen and reopen it for some tabs to be affected by the Hide Advanced Options setting change (5.5.0 required this, but 5.5.1 WIP doesn't... not sure about 5.5.0b and 5.5.0b2)

Last edited:

Norrec

When I go to "Current Game Options" in either Project64 or 1964 it says "Advanced options are not allowed to be changed" I bypass this... how?

Edit, Nevermind :) I found it out. Seems to be going good... I can read the text and have backgrounds. Lets hope for the best, I thank you all.

Last edited:

edge

Hi I have a problem.I can't have characters with the graphics.They are talking without the characters.Please help me.anyone can give me all of your config?I have backgrounds but no characters.I have a GeForce 4 MX 440.which Direct X must I have?perhaps it's the problem no?Thanks

FiSHCAKE14

Norrec said:
Yes, good work. Though, I DLed the recent "fix" and the backgrounds do look nice. However, the text is black with strips of white, and is highlighted black. Hard to read.Aalso, when in full screen mode the game seems to speed up faster than it should.

I am useing Project64 with SP1, alont with RiceVideo5[1].5.1. When I selected DirectX no picture would show at all, it would open with white blocks and then fade to black... and stay there. I updated to DirectX9.0b(or whatever the newest is) and it was the same. So OpenGL was all that would work, which seems to cause the text to be black.

I also tried 1964 with RiceVideo5[1]5.1. Which was worse, the backgrounds were a green computer chipish green, and the text... although not highlighted, was still a odd and abnormal blackish.

Are others having similer issues? Or am I simply not doing something right? If it can be fixed, and explanation of what im doing wrong and how to fix it would be appricated.

Edit, I have a Nivida Getforce FX 5200 vidio card.

you donwloaded the recent fix for this game?

where? 1964 0.9.9? i downloaded it and the game still have no bacgrounds!!!

what did you guys downloaded?

OP
A

adaml75

It doesn't work with 0.9.9 because of some emulator bug (not a plugin issue). Use earlier version or PJ64 instead. Read the discussion before posting next time, please.

FiSHCAKE14

adaml75 said:
It doesn't work with 0.9.9 because of some emulator bug (not a plugin issue). Use earlier version or PJ64 instead. Read the discussion before posting next time, please.

sorry for not posting my problems here (you snob LOL).

i have read the discussion, man! on page one everyone is whining about how ogre battle cause some sh1t in 1964, then on page 2 rice went "thanks for telling me about this bug. who wants to play it? imma gonna make a fix!" then on page 3 everyone went "thanks rice the fix rocks!"

it never seaid anything about fixing the game!!!
ok, i tried pj 64, still no backgrounds.

what plugin should i use? help me out man.

imma gonna try 1964 0.8.5 (as written in the other discussion).

sorry if you think i flamed or i spammed. i am new here and i'm a bit frustrated about the game.

i went here to get some help, i hope i get it any time soon.

peace.

OK screw it! ITS OFFICIAL!!!

I am the happiest 23 year old stoner in the whole world!!!! :icecream:

it worked in 1964 0.8.5 and the whole copying the dll's and the rice deaedalus plugin 5.5.1 (jeez i should have read everything in the 1964 section rather than flaming!)

now i can play it!!! YAY!!!

i love you rice! I love you adam75!! I LOVE EVERYONE! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

see you guys later, i have a game to play. LOL

keep it real ese.

cheers.

Last edited:

zidane2314

help wiith plugin

i'm sure this a noob question but how do i get rice 5.6 into 1964 8.5.

i allreay did it in .99 and i copyed evrything 2 plugins what i do?

GamerGuyN64

I'm playing OGB64 atm and with a Radeon 9100 64MB video card with DX9.0c Having no issues I can see the backgrounds are flawless 1964 0.9.9 runs this game so perfect I could swear I was actually playing a real N64 However I'm still experimenting with the sound plugins seeing as how RSP+Jabo's Direct make the sound choppy every so often Though the strangest thing has happend Perfect Dark U v1.0 worked for the longest time since I got 1964 0.9.9 but now it doesn't want to run which strikes me as odd since 1964 is the only emulator imo that has a solid enough core to correct almost all the problems with it (The sky bug still exists with the chopped up and pixelated sky) Well enough rambling Off to test the rest of my archives :whistling :