What's new

A question for Rice - could you fix Ogre Battle backgrounds?

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
Ok, add me too :)
I'd like to see it with advanced texture filtering implemented in your plugin.

foogy

why dont u make a service pack, like the authors of p64 did. then you can make an update fast n easy.

Norrec

Yes, good work. Though, I DLed the recent "fix" and the backgrounds do look nice. However, the text is black with strips of white, and is highlighted black. Hard to read.Aalso, when in full screen mode the game seems to speed up faster than it should.

I am useing Project64 with SP1, alont with RiceVideo5[1].5.1. When I selected DirectX no picture would show at all, it would open with white blocks and then fade to black... and stay there. I updated to DirectX9.0b(or whatever the newest is) and it was the same. So OpenGL was all that would work, which seems to cause the text to be black.

I also tried 1964 with RiceVideo5[1]5.1. Which was worse, the backgrounds were a green computer chipish green, and the text... although not highlighted, was still a odd and abnormal blackish.

Are others having similer issues? Or am I simply not doing something right? If it can be fixed, and explanation of what im doing wrong and how to fix it would be appricated.

Edit, I have a Nivida Getforce FX 5200 vidio card.

Rice

Emulator Developer
There is no big changes from 5.5.0b2. If 5.5.0b2 works for you, 5.5.1 should also work for you.

If 5.5.0b2 does not work, you need to figure it out. It works great on my FX5200.

rcgamer

the old guy
mine too. im guessing that maybe you need to update your drivers for your card. the newest drivers are 56.72. but 56.64 works well too.

Norrec

No no, the game works perfectly.... I can even see the backgrounds. The text is just..... in some spots unreadable. You are saying you do not have this problem?

rcgamer

the old guy
turn on normal blender. this makes the words crystal clear, though it may look bad in other parts , havent tried going that far with it on yet.

Norrec

rcgamer said:
turn on normal blender. this makes the words crystal clear, though it may look bad in other parts , havent tried going that far with it on yet.

Yes... and where do I select the blender? As long as everything is "there" I will be happy.